Tessa

Have you ever wondered what other people's life is like? Well... I'll tell you the story about my life.
I am Tessa. I am a teenager. A teenager who has a hard life. I go to Hardstone High School in southern California. I am a dancer and an artist. I spend most of the days dancing and painting. Now... Let's begin the true story, shall we?
Autumn. Sweet, cold autumn.
"What is this?! It's the third 7 you got!" screamed my dad.
"I know but..."
"No buts! If you get another one I won't let you take any more dance classes!"
I ran to my room angrily. I felt so bad. I knew I could do more but I, for sure didn't want to quit dance. No. Matter. What.
The next day I woke up in a bad hurry. I thought I was late for school so I didn't even have breakfast. When I got to school, my besties laughed. I apparently wasn't late... (a good way to start the day...) Anyway...
"You are actually 15 minutes earlier. Are you okay, sister?" said both of them.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine... I just had a talk with my dad last night... He said that if I get one more 7 he won't let me get dance classes anymore"
"Well... That kinda sucks girl"
*Bell rings*
"And that's my cue to go. See you later!" said I, walking away.
I stepped in class with shyness. It was my first day at this school. My friends and I had to move because our old school burned down.
It happened last winter. A boy with mental problems played with some matches and suddenly he dropped it in a load of dry leaves in the school's yard. Everyone panicked because of all the amazing memories they had there.
Back in the present...
When school finally finished I went straight to practice. I spent 3 hours rehearsing. Although my dad was mad yesterday, I still went to my whole dance class.
"Where were you, young lady?!" said my dad.
"I-i went to practice. I couldn't miss it''
" So the talk we had yesterday didn't teach you anything?"
"No, but..."
"Go to your room right now!"
I was getting more angry step by step. He never listens! Is it so hard to try and listen to your own daughter?!
I went to my room and did my homework. Afterwards I painted something because I was inspired. But when I finished I realized my painting was dark. All my fury gathered in one thing. That was my painting... Oof... why is life so hard?
I opened the book I was reading and sat quietly on the light brown armchair placed in the corner of my room. I was wondering if other children are in the same situation as me. Do they have a hard life too?