Zed

Weekend. Sweet but short as f**k weekend.  Millions of words for the new song were in my head.
"I can't write one song that's not about you. Can't drink without thinkin' about you..." I started singing when someone interrupted me.
*knock knock*
"Come in!" I thought it was mom, dad or Ella but it turned out to be someone I would have never expected to see at my house. You guessed it? Yeah... It was Tessa.
"Hey, Zed! I came to bring your history book. You forgot it in class and I didn't realize I took it"
"It's okay, Tessa. Thank you for bringing it. Would you like to stay for a drink?"
"I would love to, but I have to buy something for my dad from the grocery store"
The smile on her face was breathtaking. And her enthusiasm made me feel better.
"Do you mind if I come too?" I asked her nervously. I didn't think she'd say yes, but I made a mistake.
"Of course you can. The more the better"
I couldn't believe how sweet and kind she was. Everything she did made the world smile. She made important even the smallest things. For example in our way to the grocery store, she found a kitten. She went to the pet shop across the street and bought some food for it. How can this woman be so kind?! I am not the kind of guy who is calm. I can lose control very fas. But I'm also not a playboy. I had 2 girlfriends until now, but now I'm single.
"So what exactly are you looking for?"
"Ow... nothing important. Just some groceries. My dad wants to cook me something tonight"
I could tell on the smile of her face that she was happy about it. Maybe she has problems at home like me and doesn't get to spend much time with her family.
"Do you spend a lot of time with your family?"
"It's not an easy topic for me. My mom died from breast cancer when I was 14. It has been two years but it still hurts"
I could see her facial expression changed.
"I am sorry for asking"
I am so dumb... I shouldn't have asked.
"It's fine. Don't worry. I've been through worse"
After I walked her home, I went to the park to calm. I mean... I wasn't stressed but I had to gather my thoughts. I laid on a branch and started singing.
"I can't write one song that's not about you. Can't drink without thinkin' about you. Is it too late to tell you that? Everything means nothing if I can't have you?..."
Time passed very fast. It was already 20:00. I should head home. A big surprise waited for me. My parents were surprisingly calm. I took a cold shower and continued writing for the new song. It was a great day. I think I'm starting to fall for Tessa. What should I do now?!

Song: "If I can't have you"- Shawn Mendes