Zed

Christmas... I can't say I like this holiday. I mean... My parents never bought me a present or wished me "Mery Christmas". I got used to it. This year, I'm spending Christmas with the boys. I don't know how they will stay at home. They used to leave on holiday every year, but I can't wait to have some fun with them.
"Zed! Come here and help me to set the table!" cried my mom.
"I'm coming!"
Minutes passed and I didn't realize what I was doing or what I was thinking of.
"ZED! GET HERE RIGHT NOW!" screamed her again.
"MOM! I SAID I AM COMING!"
Maybe if I pretend that I was writing, she won't mind me not hearing her. Well... here goes nothing.
"I am here. What do you want me to help you with?" asked I.
"Ow... Nothing. I just wanted to get you out of your room for a little. You've been there since you came from school, so I thought it would be nice to go out and take some fresh air."
"Wow, mom... Really?! I was writing about the new song! I told you the band will record an album!"
I went back to my room, I took the sheets of paper where the song was waiting to be completed with other lyrics, I grabbed a jacket and went outside to make my "wonderful" mom happy. On the streets was a deadly silence. Even the crickets were silent. While I was sitting on a branch and thinking of the song I got an idea. What if I'll pay a visit to my dearest friend, Tessa. And why should I do that? Well... First of all, she is cute. And second, she might give me inspiration.
I was walking to her house when my phone rang. It was the manager. I hope he doesn't want to cancel the meeting!
"Yes?" answered I awkwardly.
"Hi, Zed! I called to ask you if we can meet tomorrow. I have to leave the country for a business trip and it would be perfect if we can record the demo this week"
"Yes, sure! I will talk to the boys and call you back tomorrow. Have a good evening!"
That call was one of the scariest things that happened to my. I thought I'll lose the big opportunity to actually record a real demo with a real manager.
I walked faster to Tessa's house. It was already late so I thought I'll hurry to catch her awake, but sadly all the lights were off. She was already sleeping. I climbed into her room and looked at her. She looked so cute. She was wearing a lovely Christmas pajama. I decided to sit in the armchair and wait until she wakes up. Turned out I had to wait until the sun raised. When she woke up she screamed very loud. I kinda felt bad, but I was amused too. Maybe it wasn't a good idea, was it?