Chapter 8: Calli

My dreams were getting more and more vivid as the days past. I was without a doubt getting stronger as I was closer to the family, but it was a different kind of strength. Something I couldn't control.

I did my best to heal up from Corina's wrath, but it felt like I wasn't healing properly. Instead of smooth surfaces over my wounds, it was scar tissue.

I sighed as I turned away from the mirror. That was a small problem compared to the one I needed to face sooner or later.

I felt Athan's touch. His beautiful eyes always meeting mine every time we talked. His lips brushing against my skin.

No! We HAD something special, but he's chosen to stand before me instead of with me.

I got ready for my shift at the soup kitchen and headed out the door. The late afternoon sun hit my face and I could feel the warmth almost boiling my blood.

Ouch!

I quickly found shade to walk in. I need help and the only way to get help was to go back to my family. It was my last resort.

I got to the soup kitchen and put my apron and hair net on. It seemed like a busy night. I felt someones eyes on me as I cooked. I looked up to see the guitarist from the night before. He seemed excited that I took notice of him.

Shit.

Don't get me wrong, he was quite good looking. He was dressed up classy with a dark mysterious aura. But evidently, my natural allure was guiding him to me.

I continued on with my work, ignoring him in hopes he'd leave me alone. But he still sat in the same spot the whole night, picking at his food, his eyes still locked on me.

The night went on and the kitchen was about to close. I excused myself early just to avoid any encounters.

I walked out the back door and got scared out of my skin.

"Hi!" the guitarist said.

"Uh, hi." I replied, trying to avoid eye contact.

It took a couple of seconds of him smiling idiotically at me before he said anything. "Wow." was all he could produce.

I gave him a weird glance and started power walking away.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm probably creeping you out." he said as he power walked with me. "Oh wow, I really don't know why I'm doing this." He was starting to sound confident.

I chuckled nervously. "Yeah, I think I have an idea." still trying to get away.

"I'm really sorry. I don't actually do this." he said. "It's just... you just...."

I sighed and turned to face him.

"Look, I get it." I said. "You're a real nice guy and all."

His smile vanished from his face. "Oh I know where this is going." he interrupted. "You're not into me." he sounded super depressed.

"I'm sorry." I said touching his arm. "I'm sure there's someone else out there for you."

It looked like he wasn't even listening to a word I was saying.

Oh for god sake!

I turned back around and continued to power walk away.

"Yeah I know I'm acting crazy." he said as he followed me once again. "But you have to understand!"

He grabbed my arm with force and pulled me into an embrace. I could feel the evil boiling up within me. That uncontrollable rage.

He needed to get away from me NOW.

"I need you." he said, forcing me to look at him, a psychotic look on in his eyes. "I need to be with you!"

My rage was overflowing at this point. The monster needed his pathetic life.

"You need to stop!" I screamed. But he wouldn't let go.

This guy clearly had his own issues.

"Please, just hear me out! I need to be with you at all times" he said, smothering me back into an unwanted embrace." Why can't you see that? You need to accept that!"

"Let her go."

The guitarist slowly loosened his grip. I looked up to see Athan. His eyes were dark, and I knew what that meant. He was furious. I could only count on one hand the times I've ever heard or witness Athan furious. Most of them being the General of an army he actually cared about fighting for. The other when Corina had plunged her heal into my chest and threatened my life.

"Who are you?" the guitarist said, trying to sound threatening, but failing miserably.

"Her fiance." Athan said. "Who are you?"

I ran over to Athan's side, barely keeping my rage at bay. The guitarist looked heartbroken, but still had that psychotic vibe about him. I could tell, even for a human, he was dangerous.

"Fitz." he squeaked. "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." he started to slowly back away, but still kept an eye on me.

Athan stepped closer to him, putting me behind him protectively.

"Fitz." he said. "I know she's irresistible to you. It's understandable." he continued to stride toward him, leaving me behind.

"Athan..." I called out, trying my best to contain myself.

"She's everything you've ever wanted." he continued. "You can't see a future without her."

"Athan..." I said clutching my head. I could feel every artery in my body pulsating and my energy level about to burst.

"But she will never be with you. She can't be with you." he said ready to pounce. "She's mine!" he growled.

"ATHAN!" I screamed before I passed out.