Character Development

💡

💡

Give your characters clear motives, their intentions and goals are what move the story forward. If they don't have a purpose then there is no story.

Tip: make the characters stand out in a police lineup.

Make characters real using details of dress, gait (the way they walk), voice, personality and more. The less plain the better because you want the characters to be memorable to readers. The details stand accurate, but if they don’t ascertain vivid images in the minds of readers the characters are "replaceable".

Avoid using lazy stereotypes!

(Dialogue is best for expressing characters, let them speak for themselves. That will help show and not just tell the story.)

Remember that readers don’t have to like every character.

You can write the characters that seem lovable to you, villainous or anything in between but readers will have their different impressions. Just don't forget to give them humanizing flaws, even if the characters aren't human they will have flaws. Without flaws, they are less relatable and most readers are less attracted to them that way. 

A way to help you remember all these traits and flaws about these characters is by keeping a character profile. It gives your character this sense of personal history and future. Here's a link to what that means: https://youtu.be/wQcQ-As2BU0 

 And with all this sum spread it out in your story in bits and pieces while you move on from chapter to chapter, the characters will change perspectives and change outwardly as the story grows. The climax should or could be a realization or resolution for the characters and in fin, a conclusion, solution or outcome in the end that shows the person they are now present.