Close Call. Chapter 4.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

"will you stop pouting" Keith grumbled at a sulking lance as they arrive in the Yellow Kingdom. 

"but I wanted to go to the pink kingdom" Lance pouted as he kicked at the sandy path. 

"well we go to the pink Kingdom later" Katie sighed and looked around the sandy kingdom, ready to collapse under the bright sun at any time. 

"Lets rest for a bit before we head to the castle" Keith frowned as he glanced to Katie noticing her a little hot and warn out. He couldn't blame her, they have been walking for a whole week and resting in their small self made camps for the night. He was surprised she hadn't complain much since she never left the castle yet she spent the last two weeks travelling after that night at the green kingdom. 

"No, I can keep going" Katie mutter and took a quick breath.

"Keith right pidgin, we need to take a rest now we in the main city of the kingdom. We dont know how long it take for the king or queen to agree to see me, I mean I am a friend to their son and our two kingdoms have an alliance but well I have came without word and with another knight and stranger. I dont know if they gonna be overjoyed with me visiting in my own armour" Lance mumbled and Keith looked at Katie until she nodded and they walked over to a small café. Ordering watcher while enjoying the small moments without the sun shining on them. 

They stayed inside feeling slightly unconfutable by others who were inside staring at them. But then again they were two knights dressed in their own kingdom colours while sitting with a shorter lady in a simple green and white dress with a green hood on and the hood hiding her face. Who wouldnt stare at the three.  

Katie gripped the glass in her left hand a little tighter before using a finger on her right hand just dragging it around her glass top. Keith notice her doing so and frown knowing she was getting nervous under the strangers stares. She really isn't good with unknown people or being stared at. He lifted his armour cape up, swinging his arm around her while letting his cape keep her hidden from the others. He stayed looking at his glass of water acting like he didnt just do what he did while Katie looked at him surprised before smiling.

"thank you" She whispered and rested her head on him, closing her eyes slightly knowing she was safe while Keith was around.

"So you guys a thing or what" Lance asked before sipping on his own water while Keith and Katie tensed blushing slightly and both sat up, facing away from each other.

"No, I'm just watching over her" Keith mutter back and Katie nodded in agreement.

"Ok, well you two seem close for only knowing each other for two weeks" Lance replied as he watched the two awkwardly drink their water in hopes to not answer. 

"Shouldn't we go see the king of the yellow kingdom" Keith sighed and stood up. 

"Yeah, we cant keep wasting time" Katie mumbled and Lance rolled his eyes before standing up with the princess.

The three walked, well Lance lead the way to the castle. They walked inside and notice it was design like a simple house and the smell of food filled the place. The maids and butlers seemed to be dressed in the kingdom colours but all seemed happy as they worked. It gave off a kind vibe inside the castle.