fourteen.

_______________

"seokjin oppa, i'm heading down to the server room." haejin said, standing from her brother's luxurious leather seat behind his oak wood desk, in his office, overlooking the high skylines of seoul city.

"okay, make sure you have your pass." seokjin said nonchalantly as he flip the stacks of paperwork in his hands regarding their stock markets.

haejin smiled to herself. the kim siblings are currently at KIMTECH as the CEO and future COO of the corporation. seokjin thought that he'd bring his younger sister to the office just to ease her into working in the environmey that is KIMTECH empire. haejin has visited the office numerous times but it was her first time, actually doing tasks that a COO should fulfil.

and also she has another mission to accomplish. to figure out the latest purchasing data to dig out any suspicious buyer that will hopefully pinpoint her to choi soobin.

she brushed the wrinkles out from her skirt, making sure her employee card sat nicely on the lapel of her blazer before she left the CEO's office. thankfully, haejin has already familiarise herself with the layout of the company's building so she could easily figure out where the server room would be. as she passed a couple employees, bows and smiles were exchanged. she has to be nice to her coworkers who soon will be working under her commands. entering the elevator, she unclipped the employee card on the lapel of her blazer and scanned it before pressing the floor button that would take her to the server room.

haejin exited the elevator and tried her best to not look suspicious as she made her way straight to the server room. thankfully, no one is permitted in the server room except for the CEO, which is her brother , the COO which is herself and the head and deputy head of the IT department. using her employee card, she scanned it at the doorknob before a loud beep and a green light signalled her that the room was unlocked.

she entered the dark room. whirs of the fans belonging to the large storage servers containing heaps amounts of files regarding the company dating way back since it was first established was heard. it was comforting weirdly, at least she wasn't in complete, dead silence. but the thought of these much information falling into the wrong person's hands was enough to make her shudder in fear.

haejin made her way to the desktop located in the centre of her room. again, she scanned her employee card and it gained her access to all the files that was sorted categorically by each purposes. pulling a flash drive from the pocket of her blazer, she plugged it into the CPU. she had obtained a ghost chip flash drive from kun as she visited the nct headquarters when taeyong was out doing a heist. slowly, she scrolled into the folder of KIMTECH's smartphone purchasing data and sort it by date. most of them weren't suspicious as it were just students, children and adults who bought their respected phones. it was nothing suspicious since it was just average consumers.

but, something caught her sharp eye. a company under the name polarise entertainment had bought sixteen units of the smartphone. as far as she knows, she's never heard of an entertainment company under that name and it drew her attention weirdly. why would an entertainment company provide smartphones for trainees? isn't that the opposite of what they do since they basically forced their trainees into training for their debut 24/7? haejin sighed to herself. she copied the file and pasted it into the ghost chip flash drive. she made sure that nothing else the folder was suspicious before she exited the documents app and turned the desktop off.

she made sure she left no conspicuous trace in the room before she exited it, waiting for the door to lock before she made her way back to the main area elevator which will take her back to her brother's office. haejin knocked the glass door before she entered her older brother's office again. instead of standing up like before, he was now sitting down, his reading glasses are perch on his nose and he was rapidly typing away on the keyboard.