three,

__________

the car ride was silent, it's laced with thick tension that you could slice with a literal knife. mark drove behind a black suv that was bringing two dead bodies and a man with a thick blade stuck his shoulder blades, chained and beaten severely. haejin was more than tense, she was jittery. the scene of mark piercing a knife through someone's heart kept playing in her head over and over. the ringing of the bullet casing that fell on the road kept stinging her ears.

mark saw his jittery passenger who keeps fiddling anything she could touch. he glances at her for a quick moment before his empty hand reaches for hers.

"don't, please." cracked haejin softly. mark retaliates quickly, understanding the shape she was in right now. "i'm sorry." he replied softly, putting both hands on steering wheel. he felt bad. really bad.

soon, the black suv and mark's porsche stopped in front of a huge mansion. much larger than hers and junghae's combined. it's also located in the shadier side of seoul, where a lot of killings and drug related crimes take place. her heart dropped to her stomach, automatically realising the sign board of the town was the one that always popped on the news and newspapers.

"come on, i'll make it quick. i promise." mark said before he opened his own door. haejin nodded, heart is beating at a pace she didn't think was possible. with a deep breath, she opened the passenger door before stepping out of the car. at the same time, two guys exited the transport and walked towards the back of the suv. the thick, bulletproof doors pulled opened harshly with a loud squeak.

the two men dragged two bodies wrapped in a brown body bag with blood staining the canvas fabric. she winced at the sight of the two bodies that were dragged out to the rough concrete with a loud thud. another man stepped out to the compound to help them sort the bodies out while the man with bubblegum pink hair and a menacing glare dragged the chained, beaten man with a bag over his head out from the van.

"walk." he spat harshly, shoving him forward. the chained man groaned before limping against the hard concrete while the man tugged his shoulder so he won't even be thinking about escaping.

she focused on the scene that unfolds, oblivious at the sympathetic, guilty gaze by mark who was sitting by her side, also absorbing the scene. "lets go inside. taeyong-hyung is waiting." mark whispered to her. haejin who was ripped out of her scrambled thoughts nodded curtly before she followed mark who was steps away from her.

mark lead her to the entrance of the mansion. the double mahogany door was carved with intricate designs along with the golden doorknob that must've cost just a fortune. and that was just the doors; the mansion's stronghold took almost the whole of the damn street. haejin couldn't help but gawk at the beautiful home. but she knows, there's madness behind the beauty. blood has spilled inside this home, filth has ridden the house. it wasn't a home, it was more like a hellhole.

"do not speak unless you're spoken too." warned mark with a heavy gaze. haejin nodded, she couldn't speak even a word. mark turned towards the door and punched in the codes that could gain his access to the mansion. the door opened with a small beep and mark held her hand before leading her in. she wants to pull away but she knows she can't or she'll lose immunity. a man who sports bright silver hair and a comforting aura came walking towards the entrance who nod at the sight of mark before he eyed her intently.

"taeyong's in the board room. he's awaiting your presence." the man with the silver hair spoke with a business-like tone. "bring the girl along, he's interested." continued the man. haejin gulped at the words that was spoken by the man. for all she know, this might be how she goes.