His Casualty

Typed this up so you guys could get a feel for whats coming your way ! I promised myself I'd never right a fan fiction ever again, but I've got a couple requests for this. 

This is His Casualty. 

-Nat xx 

Four years. Four years we dated. 

Just Four. 

There was a point in the relationship where we both realized that the lack of communication, passion... lust, -everything- could change the point of views, and quickly. Niall and I dated for four whole years. We've been broken up for three whole months. 

The first month was the absolute hardest. I didn't want to eat, sleep or do anything that would remove me from the safe haven of my room. I didn't tweet, which bothered fans, I didn't leave the apartment, which bothered Liv, and I didn't call home, which bothered mum. The hollow pain in my chest reminded me that I had lost something I held incredibly dear to me. Niall. Niall Horan had been the sunshine of my life. After we finished the honey moon stage, things turned too... routinely. We went on tour, months on end, came home, cuddled, talking about experiences, went to the bedroom to satisfy eachother and then fell asleep in eachothers arms. It was enough for me, not for him. "We never see eachother anymore. I feel we're losing the connection. It's fading before our eyes and we can't do anything about it, Olivia." Those were the words that snapped me in two. He didn't give me a chance, not a single one, to fix it. 

Month two was ok, Ed came over, pulled me roughly from my bed sheets and shoved me into the room, promising me a life of eternal damnation if I didn't, -and I quote- "get in the god damned fucking shower and stop moping around." I did as he said and ended up feeling better after a shower that lasted me a good hour. He had taken me too see the latest movie, which ended up being a disaster because we were recognized immidiately. All they did was ask me questions about Niall. All I could do was shrug my shoulders and follow Ed into the theater. We sat in the back and threw popcorn at the poor people. I found a slight joy in it, along with the bubbly laughter Ed let slip past his lips. I swear, he's the best guy friend out there. Elizabeth swung by a couple of times during month two. She told me about the latest gossip, and of course, how her and Harry are still planning out the wedding, though they're not quite sure about a date. They'd been engaged for almost five years already, and have just gotten time to actually work out their plans. Harry was a good boyfriend. He was patient, and he never gave up on Liz. 

The third month was the best. The weight in my chest was beginning to lift with every strum of the guitar Ed did. His skilled fingers strummed new songs everyday. We sang together, and spoke of his new love interest. Ellie Goulding. Who would have thought, huh? He always talks about his distaste of settling down, yet the stars in his eyes twinkle bright as he talks about her voice, and how they met, promising it to be a fling, yet he feels so much more. I'm so happy for him. The red in his cheeks as he blushes sends a warmth to my heart that's been cold for so damn long. We had sat on the couch one night, staring up at the ceiling, where he and I had stratigically placed glow in the dark stars because we had agreed that both the light pollution and the earth's strong atmosphere wouldn't show us the type of sky we wanted to see. So we simply decorated my ceiling. The sofa had dipped beside us as Liz took a seat. We all sighed simultaniously. My two best friends probably had sighed because of the contentment in their lives. Liz was almost months away from being married to the literal guy of her dreams. Ed fantasized about a fling that had become a comfortable reocurrence. I sigh because I'm convincing myself I'm still letting go.