Secrets

art by gererogottenot on tumblr (hope I spelled their name right. Apologies if I didn't)

Arthur

You: Turns out that you are, or where, a member of the reform club. Arthur found this out during his mission where he had to sneak into said club. After a quick read down of one of the lists, he spotted you name under members. He was more then chocked and didn't know if he should mention it in conversation. So far, he has kept his mouth shut, although he doesn't know how to view you for the next week or so. You seemed so innocent! What happened?

You still don't know that he is aware of this fact.

Him: Of course, he hasn't told you about Percy, his past, or the reason he's off his joy in the first place. Arthur doesn't want to stress you out and truly doesn't know how you'll react if he were to tell the truth. So he just continues to push the topic away. You don't force it into conversation though. It's clear he isn't comfortable with the topic.

Sally

You: You have tried to lie before, but it usually never ends well. You see, despite being a constable, you aren't the best liar. This is why you're normally stationed as a detective and not around the wellies more. Sally quickly realized all the signs to show that you are lying to her, so you can't really fool her. Though it's not like you have much to hide in the first place.

Her: Gwen of course. She can't let you know she exists. Yes you are her friend, but you're still a bobby. Who knows what you would do if you discovered Gwen. Sally also hides other things, such as her tiny crush on Arthur and most other things from her past. Not like you would ask about the past though. Who would want to remember the past when we live in such a lovely present?

But she can't hide a child forever.

Ollie

You: You don't have much to hide outside of your past, which everyone tries to forget or keep mystery, and the fact that you know Margaret isn't real. Although in your eyes, you believe she's just and imaginary friend created from loneliness or grief. Although you have seen pictures from her in the past, you can't remember who she was in life. Although you continue to go along with it all to keep Ollie in good spirits. It's also rude to tell people they're not all right in the head.

Him: He doesn't really lie to you. Now he may exaggerate the truth just a little bit or leave a few facts out, but he's normally straight forward with you. The only time he tells something false is if it's something he fully believes at that very moment, and is willing to accept if he was wrong.

Bobby

You: You try to hide most of what goes on within your relationship with your girlfriend. When brought up, you keep things short and simple before moving on to something else. The constable knows something is up, but doesn't want to push you into speaking. Not to mention you wouldn't speak of anything bad while on your joy.

Him: Most of his secrets revolve around his job. He isn't allowed to speak of crime scenes, evidence, killers or what not since it would cause paranoia. Outside of that, he is usually truthful, at least as far as your concerned. Bobbies are known for being good at lying, so who knows.

Joy Doctor

You: As mentioned before, you don't wish to speak about why you stopped taking your joy, but you also haven't talked about the stash of crash syringes and other outlawed drugs hidden from sight. The doctor may not mind you off your joy but he wouldn't enjoy you putting others at risk with such objects.

Him: Much like the Bobbies, most of his secrets center around his career. Although he shares small details with you, there's a much bigger picture you aren't ready to hear about. He plans to tell you sooner or later, but not now.

Uncle Jack

You: You are secretly, well not so secretly, very afraid of being in front of a camera. Yep! You have a huge case of stage fright no matter what, reason as to why you didn't want to be on Jack's show. It was odd too. You never seemed like the person to get nervous in front of the camera, since you appear to have no problem telling people off. But telling people to shoo isn't quite the same as reciting a script happily in front of millions of eyes. In the end, it's not a major secret, but a fear you would keep to yourself most of the time.

Him: Jack hides a lot of self hate for both himself and his show. He's also been forgetting his joy recently, being reminded of certain events of the past. But that isn't the issue. The issue is that he wants to remember, he wants to grieve, he wants to tell people the truth but he can't. Jack knows all the horrible things going down in Wellington Wells and he knows it's not going to get better. He wants to tell you about these recent emotions, but what would a wellie like you care about a dirty old downer's feelings? What if he just brings you down with him?