Chapter 11

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception." Miss McGonagall explained" On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance.

Everyone had gathered to a meeting Miss McGonagall had called. On one side of the room were the boys and the other, the girls. I sat beside Hermione who, me included, wasn't looking forward to this.

"Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth." Miss McGonagall says.

"Is she talking about sex?" I ask, making Hermione giggle quietly

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance." McGonagall turned to the boys, "Mr Potter, will you join me please, and Miss Phoenix you do the same." I look in Hermione, who was grinning at me as I walked up to Harry.

"Now place your hand on her waist," McGonagall demands.

"Where?" Harry asked. I sigh as I put Harry's arms in their correct position.

"There." I chuckle, someone whistles at us which makes me look down a little and the same to Harry.

"Bit closer," McGonagall asks. We did hesitantly "Better. Now everyone come together"

I didn't realize I was that close to Harry until I look up at him his nose was almost touching mine. We began to move around in a circle. Harry was teasing me little by spinning me around which made me giggle.

"You're not bad, Harry." I say

"Thanks, I've never danced like this before." He confesses.

"You must be a fast learner then." I say making him smile.

"Vera, thanks again for being there for me I really mean it."

"That's what friends are for, Harry."

His eyes locked my eye contact with him, I didn't even look away for a second. His eyes wandered downwards and flicked back up. I don't know what washed over me but I couldn't help but lean forward, and to my shock, Harry did the same. Suddenly McGonagall's voice broke us apart.

"Great work everyone, you are dismissed." She announced, then students scattered off. Harry and I quickly go our separate ways to Hermione and Ron.