Pest

Josh is always so frustrated by Adam. Its seems like everything he does distracts him. Flipping his pages loudly, zipping his backpack agonizingly slow, everything he did!
One day Josh has had enough. It was his turn to be annoying. So he started to do little annoying things, slowly getting more annoying until he cracks. But Adam doesnt crack.

One day Adam and Josh are called into the office by the principal.

Josh's pov
"Mr weilden, we have observed that you are failing chemistry. The same goes for you Barell. So in order to get your grades back up, you will clean around the school after class is over until you improve." The principal said.

"This is ridiculous! I cant work with him!" I say eyeballing him.
"You dont have a choice Josh." She said "You may leave" she motions us to get out.
Absolutely ridiculous, the principal knows I hate him. Is this some sort of test? Whatever I guess. I'll probably end up doing all the work.

Adam's pov
As I walk out of the office my heart races, I thought it would be a worse punishment. It's not that bad, I know Josh hates me but I'll survive.
We start right away so I call my mom to tell her.
"The person you are trying to reach is not available right now, please leave a message after the tone." The phone says
"Hey mom, I'm staying after school to help clean. I'll be home around 7-ish. Bye love you" and I hung up

I head over to the chemistry room because that's where we are starting.

"Hey. I'm gonna do the tables, can you get the cabinets?" I ask grabbing a rad from the bucket and wringing it out.
"Sure." He replies bluntly.
Weird, I expected him to be more defiant.
Joshes pov
I grab a cloth and wipe them down. But I decide not to shut the door to annoy him. So I head over to a counter by the windows and start scrubbing some dirt off of it. Then I look over to see Adam quietly closing the cabinets. Not even slightly annoyed. Fuck. How do I annoy him??
Adam's pov
I see that he failed to close the cabinets. Most likely on purpose. I know that hes trying to annoy me but it's not gonna work. I start scrubbing at the opposite end of the table as him. He glares at me. "I'm already washing it."
"I want this to be over so just let me help." I glare back at him, suprising him in the moment.
Joshes pov
Did he just- did he GLARE AT ME??? HES SO ANNOYING. Ugh. Self control, dont fail me now.