Cold and Desperate

I walk to the nearest park which is about 3 blocks away. I start going through my contacts to find my best friend Liams number, only to discover that he got a new one. Panicking I call some other numbers, none of them picked up.
There was one number however, that I could trust and that would be the person I used to hate. Despise even.
Adam.
I start to dial his number based on the wrapper.
"Hey?" He groggily picks up.
"Uh..my-my parents..kicked me out. Adam. Their fighting again. I dont know what to do it's never been this bad." I say holding back my tears.
"Hey. Hey hold in there okay. Deep breathes." He says and I follow his instructions.
"I'm on my way okay? Where are you?" He says as I hear his car door shut.
"I-im at the p-park."I say feeling more unstable.
"Okay, hang in there I will be there soon. Okay, bye" he says and hangs up.
I sit on one of the tables, wrap my blanket around myself and begin to quietly sob. They've never done this before. Will I ever go home? The thoughts fill my head. So much so that I failed to notice the fast paced footsteps approaching me.
I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. Right in front of me stands the guy I used to hate, hugging me and comforting me while I cry.
"Heyy.. it's okay I'm here.. let's go okay?" He says gently.
I try to get up and walk but my legs are so shaky that I fall over. Luckily he catches me.
"Alright. Your a little shaken up so I'll carry you." He says scooping me up bridal style.
I dont even care anymore. I cant help but to cry a little.
"Shhh its okay.." he says putting me down for a second to open the door.
"T-thank yo-you.." I stutter.
"Its no problem." He says helping me get in.