Chapter 2 | Laney and Skies

"My anxiety is high,

. . . My medication is low"

"I don't understand why though. He's been distancing himself from me ever since we kissed this morning. Did I do something wrong? Am I not a good enough girlfriend for him?" We were currently at our usual spot at Lunch in the cafeteria.

Today's menu was either Monday Mushroom, which was a bowl of soup, or Monday Mozzarella, which was pasta. I obviously chose the latter.

We all looked at Rarity who was on the verge to cry. I mean, I would call her a Drama Queen, which would only make me a hypocrite, but then again this was pretty unusual.

Thunderlane never distances himself from Rarity. In fact, he's down-right clingy to her. Not that she minds of course. But hearing this was pretty weird.

"Am I not pretty enough? Do I stink? Am I not good in bed? Am I a bad kisser?-" This is really getting out of context, "-Or am I just really-"

"Rarity," I began "I'm pretty sure it's none of that. He probably wants a break and do his own things. He might be busy with the guys or something."

Shit, I did not word that correctly

A tear run down her cheeks as she clamped her hands on her mouth to prevent any more sobs coming out. The rest just glared at me, especially Fluttershy.

What's her problem?

I put my hands up in surrender.

"It's okay, Rarity. Rainbow probably didn't mean it in that way," Sunset softly spoke.

"I-I... I'm just gonna go to the Lady's for a while." She stood up, her mascara flowing down with her tears.

Most people around us in other tables looked at her in concern. Obviously, they'd be worried if one of their well-known, fashionista chics stormed out of the cafeteria in tears. Who wouldn't?

"Way to go, Dash."

I snapped my gaze towards A.J, who looked at me in disappointment. Is this girl serious? "What did I do? I didn't mean it to sound like that."

"But ya still did."

"Can you not? You've been so fuckin-"

"Language!"

"-g pissed off ever since the trip to Sugarcube Corner. Did I do something? Or are you just that typical bitchy farm girl who doesn't have anything else to do then to make others feel like shit just because you scoop up shit every morning," I snapped back, ignoring Twilight's outburst.

Why am I being such a bitch today?

"Says you!"

"Girls!" We both turned around, surprised at Flutters outbreak, to see fuming look on her face.

"Stop, it's none of your guy's faults. Applejack, Dash didn't mean it that way. And Dash, no need to be such a snappy brat about it. Besides, you're attracting everyone around us," She ended with a whisper.

It was then I realised everyone in the cafeteria had their eyes on one table. Our table. I then looked at the guy's table, which occupied Flash, Cheese, Thunder and Soarin'.

Isn't Laney suppose to be comforting Rares right now?

Soar gave me a look of concern, and I immediately looked back towards Shy. Just as I was about to apologise to A.J, the bell rang; signalling for every one of us to head for the fifth period.