Part 10

Author's note: so um, my exams are completed and i have completely nothing to do at home, so i'll be posting chapters earlier. hopefully i can put up chapter 10's part 2 tommorrow, but no promises. xx feedback please :] maybe you can give ideas on how to end the story? I'm kinda stuck on that lol i have an ending in mind but it'll be sad..

Chapter 10 [Part 1]

[a month later, in LA]

"Thank you." I stood up, shakily, from the hard, murky green plastic chair. I swung my bag on my shoulder and walked out of the room in a daze.

I couldn't believe it.

I sit in the driver's seat in the parking lot. I need Harry with me right now. I need him to hug me right now, and tell me that everything will be all right. Even if it's not. But he isn't here. He's in London. I'm here in LA. There's only one thing I can do. I start to drive. To James' house.

James is my close male friend, who teaches in the same school as me. We've gotten pretty close, since both of us teach english.

I pull into the driveway of his house. I get out of the car and walk to his front door, shaking. When the front door opens, all I can do is to hug him and cry.

I sat on the couch, wiping the last of my tears away with a tissue.

"You okay?" James asked, worried.

"No." I take a deep breath and start to explain.

[a week later]

I haven't told Harry what happened. Every night when he calls, I pretend I'm fine. I know that if I tell him, he'll be furious.

That night, when he calls, he's unusually happy.

"What's with you today?" I smiled.

"Because the boys and I are coming to LA!" Harry laughs. "We're coming to do some recording and a 3 week long holiday! Which means I can see you again! I've missed you so much."

I'm genuinely happy that he's coming. I've been missing him. But now that he's flying over and he'll see me, he'll notice the little changes. And I will have to tell him what happened. And I don't want to.

"Dizzy? Are you there?" Harry asked.

"Uh yeah, I'm just overwhelmed by this news. I can't wait to see you again!" I replied, looking out of the window. I watch as my kitten walks silently on the grass, towards the front door. She walks through the cat flap and runs to me, curling around my legs. I cradle my phone between my right ear and shoulder as I pick up little Meredith. I bring her to the couch and place her on my lap as I sit down.

"By the way, Harry, I adopted a little kitten!" I say excitedly.

"Really? A boy or a girl?" Harry says happily.

"A girl. I named her Meredith. That's a cute namefor a cat." I said, stroking Meredith's back as she curls up on my lap, feeling sleepy.

"I can't wait to see her." Harry laughs. "What time are you sleeping tonight? You've got school tommorrow."

"Soon, after we finish talking I guess." I smile at Meredith, who is already asleep on my lap. "When are you flying over?"

"Next week."

"I'll go to the airport to pick you up."

"I'll text you the flight details then."

"All right."

"You should get some sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I smiled.

"See you next week! I miss you so much.. I love you."

"I love you too." I grinned as Meredith awakes from her slumber. Harry waits for me to hang up before he hangs up. I switched my phone off and placed it on the coffee table. I picked Meredith up and we go upstairs to my room. I put Meredith down on her bed and climb into bed. Suddenly there's mewing from the bottom of my bed. I get up and look down. Meredith is looking up and me, begging to be brought up. I oblige and carry her up, letting her sleep beside me.