Part 11

Chapter 11

"Oh god." That's all Harry can say. He lifts his cup shakily and takes a sip. He puts it back down on the table. "Is the kid mine?"

This is the question I hate.

Because the child isn't his.

It belongs to Lucas.

He'll be furious if he finds out. But I don't want to lie to Harry.

He doesn't wait for my answer.

"You know very well that now is not the time. We're incredibly busy right now. I don't have the time to raise a kid."

"Oh so you think I wanted this-" I point to my belly, "to happen?"

"No I don't mean that.."

"Its okay. The baby isn't yours anyway." I lift my cup to my lips, my teeth clanking awkwardly on the edge. The tea tastes bland all of a sudden, going down my throat like sand.

"What?!" Harry exclaims. "Who does it belong to then?" Harry says softly, seeing that I'm starting to cry.

"Lucas."

Harry drops his cup on the floor, shattering it to pieces.

The boys, hearing the loud clatter, rush in.

"What happened?" Zayn asked, as Liam gets the broom and dustpan to sweep the mess up. Harry doesn't say a word. He stands up and walks out blankly, obviously in shock over what I said. Louis gets a mop and cleans up the tea spilled, as Zayn and Niall holds my hands and bring me out, seeing that I'm crying and my face has turned white after seeing Harry walk out. I go out to see Harry sitting on the couch looking out the window, Meredith on his lap. I sit on another couch, Niall and Zayn sitting down beside me.

"Are you all right? Did you and-" Niall points at Harry, "have a quarrel?"

I watch as Harry stands up, holding Meredith. He goes out the front door with Meredith, without a word.

"We didn't have a quarrel. I told him I was pregnant."

"You are? For real?" Zayn asks as Liam and Louis comes out of the kitchen. They sit on couch where Harry sat. Suddenly all eyes are on me.

"For real." And I start to explain everything, from Lucas raping me that day, to this morning at the kitchen counter talking to Harry.

Louis' hands ball up into fists. "Fucking hell." Louis said angrily. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Because I know you would act this way." I replied. "See? You look like you're gonna stab someone any second now."

"Desiree, you should go talk to Harry." Liam said, looking out the window then back to me. "He's at the porch swing with Meredith."

"You're right. I should." I stood up. "Thanks guys, for listening. Louis, calm down. I want to see the 3 of them ALIVE when I come back. Don't stab them, you hear me?" I grinned.

"I can't promise anything." He shrugged. Zayn gave him a weird look while Niall stood up and gave me a hug.

"You'll be all right. Talk to Harry properly." Niall said. The rest stood up and gave me a group hug.

"All right, I should go out now. Finish up the waffles!" I said, going to the front door.

I opened the door and stepped out. It was a chilly morning and I regretted bringing a jacket out. But on the plus side, I was wearing sweats, so I didn't feel very cold. I closed the door behind me and watched as Meredith jumped off Harry's lap and ran towards me. She dodged my legs and ran through the cat flap, going inside the house. I looked up from the cat flap to see Harry looking at me. I went towards him and sat beside him on the swing.

"When did you receive the news that you were pregnant?" Harry asked, placing a hand over mine. I put my head on his shoulder.

"Last week. The day you told me that you were flying here."

"Why didn't you tell me that night?"

"I was afraid of your reaction, so I waited til today to tell you."

"Oh." Harry whispered. "Are you going to keep the baby?"

"Yeah, obviously."

"I'll take care of this kid. With you."

"But we're currently living so far away from each other."

"I'll move to LA."

"No you can't! What will happen to One Direction? What about your family?" I exclaimed. "You know what? I'll move back to London."

"What about your job?"

"I'll quit and maybe start work again after I give birth to this kid." I said.

"Are you sure? Teaching is your passion."

"Singing's your passion too! I can quit and go to another school. But you can't change bands just like that right?"

Harry thought about it. "You're right." He kissed my forehead. "I promise, I'll treat this child as mine and love her. Treat her right."

I smiled and kissed him on the lips. "I know you will, Styles. I know."

"Do you think it'll be a girl? Or a boy? I want a girl."