3

"Why did I take an earlier shift...?" She said to herself as she sighed. She looked up at the clock and saw it was 7 PM. She put her head on the counter and groaned. She quickly picked up her head as she heard the bell to the door ring. "Hello!" She greeted.

"Oh- Hiujin?" The boy said as he walked in and saw her.

"Sunoh?" She said, looking at him.

"Wow, I didn't expect to see you here!" Sunoh said, smiling as he walked toward the counter. "You work here?" He asked.

"No... I only stand here for hours. Yes, I work here!" She said sarcastically.

"Sorry!" He said, putting his hands up defensively and chuckling. "I didn't know... Now I know to visit this convenience store everyday around this time." He said.

"Actually, I'm usually here later. I just took an earlier shift today because I had no other plans today and I was bored." She said, giggling.

"So what time are you usually here?" Sunoh asked her, looking at her with a curious expression.

"Like around 10 PM." Hiujin said.

"What time do you end?" Sunoh asked her.

"Around 2." She replied.

Sunoh's eyes widened. "2? As in 2 AM?" He gawked.

Hiujin giggled and nodded.

"Hiujin, you need more sleep." Sunoh said, a bit worriedly.

"I'll be fine." She said. "Are you gonna buy anything...?" She asked him.

"I was," he looked around the store, "but I forgot what I was going to get." He said, smiling as he looked back at her.

Hiujin laughed. "Well, I'm gonna get a small snack. So if you could be so kind as to pay for me, that would be great." She said, giggling as she walked from behind the counter and grabbed a bag of chips.

"If you would be so kind as to share those, I'll be so kind and pay for you." Sunoh said, smirking.

"Hmm..." She hummed as if in thought. "I'll be fine. Thank you." She said, smiling as placed the bag down on the counter to take out her wallet. She placed the money in the register and as soon as she closed it, Sunoh quickly grabbed the bag and ran to the back of the store.

"Sunoh! I paid for those!" She yelled as she ran from behind the counter and ran after him.

Sunoh just kept running around the store, Hiujin chasing him until he eventually got tired and gave up, giving her the bag.

"I hate you so much..." She said breathlessly when she was behind thr counter again.

Sunoh laughed breathlessly as he leaned against the counter. "Totally worth it." He said.

Hiujin slapped his shoulder hard, smiling evilly when Sunoh yelled in pain. "Is it still worth it?" She asked.

"Yep." He said, laughing.

"Jojo!!!" She yelled as she walked in the house.

Jojo walked out of her room and saw Hiujin smiling widely. "Yes?" She said with a smile.

"I saw Sunoh at the store on my shift. And he said that he'll visit the store everyday to keep me company!" She said, almost squealing.

Jojo giggled at her sister. "Wow, you sure are wipped for him." She said.

"Maybe I am." She said, giggling.

"But how did he know I was there?" Hiujin asked. "When we were talking he said that a little birdie told him I was there..." She said, looking at Jojo with suspicious eyes.

"I may or may not have been that little birdie..." Jojo said, smiling cheekily.

"Why did you do that!?" Hiujin exclaimed.

"Um, you're welcome! I'm helping you get the man of your dreams!" She said, giggling as she watched Hiujin's cheeks slowly turn pink.

"W-Whatever.... Thanks..." She muttered as she turned away from Jojo.

"Huh? What was that?" Jojo said, teasing her.

"I said thanks! You deaf bat!" Hiujin said loudly, making Jojo laugh.

It was 1 AM and Hiujin was standing at the counter, trying her best to stay awake. Her eyes started to slowly close again and she sighed. She walked from behind the counter and grabbed a coffee. She got back to the counter, placed the money for the coffee in the register and began to drink it.

The bell rung as the door opened, surprising Hiujin. She looked at the door and her eyes widened.

"Sunoh?" She said.

"What are you doing here again so late?" He said, walking toward her with a serious look on his face.

Hiujin shrugged. "I don't know. I had nothing better to do and I couldn't sleep." She said.

Sunoh sighed and shook his head disapprovingly. "Come on, let's take a walk." He said.

Hiujin smiled and walked from behind the counter and followed Sunoh, making sure the store was closed, before walking with him.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"To the park." He said, looking straight ahead as he tried to hide his smile.

Both of their hearts were racing, a warm feeling filling their chests.