Chapter 7

DAMON’S POV

I wake up tied to a chair in my living room with the fireplace poker stuck in my chest. I look around the room and I see my ring on the floor by my feet.

“You got to be kidding me.” I groan. “Low blow, Stefan. Low blow.” I say as he walks into the room behind me.

“What the hell happened to you?” He asks.

“Whatever twisted ripper game this is, leave me out of it.” I whine.

“I didn’t do this.”

“Quit screwing around!” I yell in pain.

“I didn’t do this.” He repeats as he walks over to me and examines the chains around me. “It’s pretty messed up though, isn’t it?”

“Yep.”

Stefan pulls the poker from my chest and I scream in pain. He starts to remove the chains but then he just stops and walks out. I roll my eyes and start doing it myself.

“Yeah, not to worry. I’ll just untangle myself.” I groan.

Suddenly, the curtains are ripped open and my skin starts to sizzle. I scream out and hurry to undo the chains so I can get my ring. I don’t like what I’m thinking right now.

ASLHEY’S POV

I hurry through the crowds of the town’s square. I’m supposed to meet Elena, but I kind of forgot. It’s the Night of Illuminations and everyone is getting everything ready. 

I see Ric and Jeremy and when I get closer I see Elena is with them too. Perfect. “Hey, sorry I’m late. What did I miss?” I ask.

“You didn’t miss anything.” Elena says with a smile as the head of the history department, Tobias Fell, starts speaking.

“The first illumination was held in celebration with the new found property that Mystic Falls enjoyed after the war.” Tobias says and Jeremy laughs.

“What’s so funny?” I ask him. He doesn’t answer as he keeps a smile on his face.

I look at Elena who looks just as confused as I am.

DAMON’S POV

I’m driving to the Grill and I see Bonnie and Caroline hanging laterns in the trees. I slow my car down and pull up next to them.

It didn’t take me long to think about last night and put the pieces together. Vicki was using another witch to get through to us. She was able to make contact with people and she tried to kill Elena because the witch told her she had to if she wanted to stay on this side.

That’s why Ric’s car caught on fire and Bonnie was supposed to get rid of the ghosts, but I’m thinking that didn’t happen.

“Greetings, Blondie.” I smile at Caroline when they look over at me. “Witchy. I think you got your voodoo wires crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan.”

“What do you mean, why?” Bonnie asks.

“Because I’m pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood’s ghost.”

“What?” She asks, getting serious.

“And why would you think that?” Caroline asks me.

“Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let’s just say I’m having deja vu.”

Caroline looks at Bonnie. “I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people.”

“They can’t.” Bonnie tells her.