Chapter 1 - Cersei's Wishes

You Are No Lion

Chapter 1 - Cersei’s Wishes

(Lyra is portrayed by Emmy Rossum)

Tears fell from my eyes as I ran through the allies in Casterly Rock. I came to a halt when I ran down an ally that was a dead end. I bent over catching my breath before I started to turn to towards the entrance of the ally.

“What’s this? A pretty bird not in her cage?” I heard a nasty voice say as I looked up seeing two men walking towards me.

“Leave me alone or my father will hear about this,” I threatened trying to hide how scared I was.

“Looks like you don’t have anyone here to hear you scream, no one to protect you. Let’s see what the little bird looks like behind all that cloth,” the man sneered as he backed me up against the cool wall reaching for my cover. The other man smirked behind him reaching to pin my arms against the wall. I closed my eyes as he pulled the cloth from my face the air spreading across my cheeks.

“Well would you look at that, she isn’t ugly at all! We are going to have so much fun with her,” the other man said his disgusting breath passing across my nose. I cried out for help but the other man covered my mouth with his dirty hand. The other man ripped my cloak off of me touching the exposed skin on my shoulders and neck. I screamed against the hand before biting down on it.

“You bitch!” the injured man yelled slapping me across the face. “I will teach you a lesson, yet, you think that you sit all high and mighty in that castle wearing your expensive clothes but I’m going to teach your father and you a lesson, I’m going to ra-“ the man was caught off in his threat when he cried out in pain blood splashing on my face from his mouth. The other man turned to see their attacker but he was cut down shortly after. I slunk to the cold dirt floor crying into my hands as both men bled out around me.

“My princess, are you alright?” Oberyn soft voice asked. I looked at him through my hands his face full of worry and his knife held tight blood running down it. “You should not have run off like that, these men could have taken your innocence,” Oberyn continued reaching out towards me, I pulled away sinking deeper into the wall. “I will not hurt you my princess, but we must quickly return to the castle before someone sees you without your cover,” Oberyn said grabbing my cover off the ground. I nodded standing up from the ground as Oberyn laid the silk cloth over my hair and pulling it over my mouth and nose. I took a step closer to him but I was still in shock and nearly fell but Oberyn’s arm flew out to catch me.

“You are in shock my princess, let me carry you back to the castle,” Oberyn said as he slipped the knife into his cloth belt and picking me up in his arms. I leaned my head against his chest my hand grabbing onto his robes. We walked quickly and quietly back to the castle Oberyn’s movements as quiets as a snake. When we stepped inside the doors of the castle my father and Tyrion were waiting for us.

“Tamina,” Father called out as Oberyn placed me softly on the ground. “Why would you run away like that, you know the markets can be dangerous,” He scolded pulling me into his arms.

“I don’t know what came over me father, I am sorry, I just heard the news of my betrothal and I got scared and I ran,” I sighed looking through my cover.

“I know this will be hard for you Tamina, but I had no choice, Cersei ordered me to marry you off,” Father said pulling the cover away from my face, looking at the bruise on my cheek.

“Cersei was actually saying for you to be married to The Hound, Sandor Clegane, but our father convinced her to let you go to Dorne and marry Oberyn,” Tyrion said as father pulled away.