Daydreaming

From the moment Carlos woke up he couldn't help but feel excited. After his conversation the night before with Adam, the party couldn't come soon enough. After sending his secret friend a quick good morning text he went ahead and hopped into a quick shower before starting his morning chores. The list today was quite long but Carlos couldn't find it in himself to feel glum about it. His excitement for the performance and party overrode everything. Thankfully his good mood made them go along much faster.

Carlos headed off to the abandoned dance studio the group uses for practice. Carlos is the heart of the VKs in many ways. He helps write the songs with Mal, design the outfits with Evie, and choreograph with Jay. While he doesn't take control of any of these elements on their own, he does enjoy helping in all of them. Today he knew Mal would want to go over choreography for the millionth time in her efforts to make everything perfect. So, Carlos was going to warm up early and alone, better that then be distracted. He wanted to be alone right now, his head was still swimming too much to focus on anything else.

Taking the steps up to the dance studio Carlos could almost hear soft notes play as his feet hit each step to a rhythmic beat. He didn't know why but everything felt different. He felt light and his body was almost slipping into his daydreams. Stopping on the top step, he collected himself knowing that his head was running away with him again. He took ten deep breathes as his weight returned and the daydreams faded away.

Stepping into the dance studio, everything was mostly clean from the last time they were here, except for a very fine layer of dust that didn't bother him. He set up his laptop with the music on top of the table in the corner and prepared Ways to Be Wicked to play but not yet. Carlos stretched and let his body relax, dancing was his outlet, something he loved more than he ever wanted to admit to anyone. That was why Carlos wanted to be here alone for a bit, to just enjoy dancing without someone stopping to ask how to do a step set or where they were on the count. This time was for him and him alone. He started the music and started the steps.

It was a simple anthem step set for him, but he could feel himself moving on autopilot through the song as his daydreaming for a chocolate brown haired teen in a royal blue suit offered a hand to him. Carlos took the hand and the two began dancing together, the music now a completely different song, one that he didn't know but felt so familiar as if he had danced to it a million times. The two began a steady waltz around the room, the occasional twirl, Carlos lost in hazel eyes as their bodies swayed. It was all so natural and reflexive. He couldn't stop himself, it felt like one long headlong spiral out of control but into something so much better.

Everything was like walking on air as the waltz became a tango and the two got closer, Carlos swearing he could feel his breath on his face as their dance continued. The room that once was a broken-down studio was now a grand ballroom and Carlos was dressed in a white well fitted suit. They became a whirl of blue and white when they twirled and twisted. It was like magic until the brown-haired teen dipped Carlos and instead of being caught, landed hard on his behind with a thud. He was unceremoniously dumped back into reality from his dreaming. Evie stood in the doorway clapping a bit.

"You were really on a roll there 'Los... I've never seen you dance like that." Evie came into the room setting down her bag, she was dressed down more than usual, not wanting to leave her good outfits sweaty as most dance sessions left them.

"How long have you been there?" Carlos had felt like all the wind was knocked out of him completely. Something about falling out of that fantasy brought his spirits and dropped them on the floor just as it had him. Evie gave him a worried look as he attempted to catch his breath.

"Not long, maybe five minutes... Carlos, I'm not stupid. I'm your best friend and you have been off since last night. I know you have your little crush on the prince, but I hope it isn't making you want to back out of this." Evie sat down next to him, putting her head on his shoulder. Carlos rested his head on hers.

"The opposite E. I haven't been so excited for something in my whole life. I want to meet the prince. To actually meet him and find out what he is like... and there is someone else I want to meet there." Carlos took a steadying breath. "I have an online friend from Auradon City who is going to be going too... We're really close E and I'm excited and kind of nervous." He confessed making Evie take his hand and give it a squeeze.

"Don't worry 'Los. Everyone loves you and I'm sure both the prince and this friend will too. Who knows, maybe they will fight to the death in your honor." The two laughed and Carlos squeezed her hand back.

"Thanks, E... Also, the Party or Ball... whatever it is called, is a masquerade; we will need masks. Do you think you can whip something up for all of us?" Carlos questioned and Evie nodded smiling.

"No problem. Have you ever doubted me?" Evie grinned and Carlos shook his head a bit smiling.

"Also, the party is the prince's chance to find his possible future queen... maybe even king..." Carlos couldn't help the excited blush that tinted his cheeks. Evie smirked and winked.

"I'll make sure you look good enough the prince will want to take you right on the dance floor 'Los!" she teased making Carlos go bright red in the face.

"EVIE!" Carlos squealed making Evie laugh and nudge him before getting up.

"We better start working on Choreography before Miss Business catches us slacking off," Evie commented checking her makeup in the large cracked mirror on the wall. Carlos nodded and reset the music just as Mal and Jay showed up. Mal was quick to grumble but they started Choreography rehearsal without delay. Everything had to be perfect for the prince's party.