~Jambalaya~

ProxyPlaysYT
Alastor x Reader
———

The moment you entered the hotel, something seemed different. There was a delicious smell wafting into the lobby, most likely coming from the kitchen. But it was 10 pm, who was up cooking this late?

You decided to investigate instead of heading off to your room like you usually did. As you grew closer to the kitchen, you heard an old tune playing. You also heard someone humming along to it. The smell got stronger. When you poked your head into the kitchen, you were greeted by a peculiar sight.

Alastor was standing at the stove, tending to a steaming pot of something that smelled really good while humming along to the tune that was playing. He hadn't even noticed you until you stepped on a creaky board. "Ah, Y/N. What are you doing up so late, dearie?" He asked, turning his head to look at you.

"I could ask you the same question." You replied, slipping your hands into your pockets as you made your way over to him. "Whatcha cookin'? It smells amazing."

Alastor's grin grew when your interest in his cooking perked. "Why, my mother's jambalaya of course!" He chuckled.

"Didn't you say it nearly killed her?"

"Oh dearie, I was just joking. It was a killer jambalaya because of how good it was!" The radio demon laughed and lightly hit your shoulder. "Would you like a taste?" He asked, sounding just like a cheery guy on a commercial as he cocked his head to the side and held out a spoonful of the steaming stew.

You shrugged and nodded. Alastor liked to cook and impress, so why would there be anything bad in the jambalaya? "Why not." You gently blew on the spoonful of jambalaya until it cooled down before you took a bite. You chewed on it for a bit, the wondrous flavors exploding in your mouth.

Alastor looked at you expectantly, leaning forwards on his microphone staff. "Well?"

You giggled and grinned brightly at the radio demon. "It's really good, Al! I like it!" You replied, your heart fluttering when you saw the glimmer of happiness in his eyes. Just seeing him this happy only fueled the crush you had on him, which you would never openly admit when he was around.

"Well that's swell! Have a bowl, sweetheart!" Alastor said cheerfully, fetching you a bowl from the cabinet and filling it with jambalaya.

The night was spent eating jambalaya and telling jokes, though you left most of the joke-telling to Alastor since he loved to make them.

430 words