Early Morning

Tsuyu POV

I woke up in my bed, slowly reaching for my phone to check the time. 4:13. 'Ugh, it's way too early.' I sat up, stretching my arms as I yawned. Rubbing my face, I got up and walked into the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror. 'Look at what you've done to yourself.' I shook my head, closing the door to do my business. As I walked out, my phone buzzed. I looked down to see a message from Ochako.

Hey, are you awake yet?

Yeah, why? Do you need something?

I just can't sleep. Could you come to my dorm?

I smiled. She really wanted to spend more time with me? 'Why wold she want to spend more time with you?' I shook my head, rubbing my face once more before heading to the elevator.

Ochako POV

I sat in bed, staring at the ceiling. Why had I asked Tsu to come over? 'Because you're selfish, that's why.'

What was with these thoughts lately? It was unusual, I thought I was past this. 'You really thought you could get rid of me?' I sighed, closing my eyes before hearing a small knock on my door. I jumped up, nearly running to open the door. Before I turned the knob I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself. Just calm down, you can do this. 'Please, like you can manage to control yourself.' I opened the door, sighing in relief at the sight of Tsu.

"Hey, ribbit."

"Hey, come on in!"

I moved out of the way so she could walk in, admiring the grace of her step. She sat down on the edge of my bed, resting her hands on her knees and staring back at me.

"So, what did you need?"

I immediately became flustered. "Well, I just couldn't really go back to sleep. Sorry for making you come down here." 'Yeah, you should be. She probably didn't even want to come down in the first place.' I sighed, plopping down next to her.

"Hey, is everything alright, ribbit?" I gently laid my head on her shoulder, forcing back the tears in my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lightly sniffled.

"Don't lie to me." She grabbed my shoulders, turning towards me with a look of concern. "You're about to cry. What happened?"

That broke me. I started crying, and she pulled me into a tight hug. 'Why would she care about you? How could you let this happen?' I pressed my head into the nape of her neck, letting my tears soak into her light green t-shirt. After some time, I pulled away, my tears subsiding and my breath slowing.

"S-sorry about your shirt..."

"It's fine. Now can you tell me, ribbit?" I looked up at her, expecting anger or annoyance to paint her face. Instead I saw a look of genuine care. It was a nice change.

"I j-just had a nightmare."

"Ribbit, do you mind telling me what it was about?"

I thought back to the dream. I had been patrolling a street, when Stain had shown up and tried to kill me.

[Flashback]

"You are just like all the others! You're only a hero for the wealth and fame!"

He lunged at me and I barely dodged his attack, the blade slashed my shoulder, and he landed his jump, licking his blade sadistically. I instantly fell to the ground. Suddenly All For One was standing above me, his breath echoing through his mask. He walked past me, moving towards a shrouded figure. The figure came into view, revealing Tsuyu pinned to a wall by her hair, a cut on her tongue. Toga was dancing around her, her crazed smile reflecting off her knife.

"Are you proud of me? I did what you asked!"

The scene shifted, and Tsu was standing over me, a look of disappointment on her face.

"Why would I like you, ribbit?" She slowly walked off, followed by Tokoyami. The rest of my class looked down on me with disapproving glares.

"I can't believe she likes girls." Mineta started to walk off, followed by Denki.

"Did she really think Tsu would like her back?"

"Wow, how pathetic."

The rest of her class started walking off, leaving her sobbing on the ground.

[Flashforward]

I shook my head, looking down as tears fell from my cheeks.

"Come on, you can tell me anything."

I looked back up, desperation filling me as I stared into her charcoal eyes. "Tsu, why do you like me?"

She flinched, shocked at the question. "W-well, you're kind and loving. You have a huge motivation to become a hero, which I admire. You would do anything for your friends, and you put your family above everything."

I sighed, resting my head in her chest. She wrapped her arms around me, her warmth making me feel comfortable.

"Lately there's been this voice in my head..."

"Ribbit?"

I curled up in her lap. "It keeps saying bad things about me, and I'm starting to believe some of it."

She rested her head on mine, and I could feel tears land in my hair. We stayed like that for a long time, enjoying each other's presence.

"Ochaco, you know I love you, right?"

'She's lying.'

"Yeah."

"Well, I know it can be hard to love yourself, but I won't stop loving you."

I stayed silent. What did she mean by that? 'What does it matter? It doesn't mean anything! It's just empty promises, like everyone else!' I snuggled into her, trying to ignore the negative thoughts. Tsu started petting my head. She was so relaxing, her slim fingers running through my hair. My eyes slowly drooped, and I fell asleep.

A/N

So so sorry for how late this is! I've had a lot of school stress (aka ACT and finals coming up) and I'm starting to get a social life (aka I made one friend). Anyways I hope to get back on this project soon enough and actually make some stuff happen. Ta Ta for now.