punishments

I stood there shocked, not knowing what to do or how to react. How was I supposed to kill to first person to light a match to some of my forgotten emotions, and how was that person the Pharaoh of Egypt.

He got off his bed and started walking towards me with a confused look on his face.

"Mahad, you can leave now," Atem told Mahad, his gaze still fixated on me as he continued to get closer to.

"But sir..." Mahad argued but was quickly cut off by Atem.

"Just go," Atem told him raising his voice a little.

Mahad quickly shut the door and left, with Atem finally reaching me. Before I could react he pinned me against the wall with both of his arms. I struggled to be free which was something I could usually do pretty easily with my extensive training, yet he was too strong.

I gave the fight up excepting my fate, whatever it may be and just looked into his eyes as menacingly as I possibly could.

"I believe we have met before, Yugi," Atem smirked.

"How do you know my name?" I stammered trying to keep a brave face up, but he was such so threatning.

"I watched you walk into the assassin booth last night, who sent you," he coaxed completely ignoring my question.

Shoot, he knew to much I couldn't do anthing at this point except lie and deny his accusations no matter how true they may be.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I lied as convincingly as I could.

He slammed me harder against the wall and the places where he gripped my arms had gone completely knumb. His eyes seemed to be lit aflame as he peered down on me.

"You have alot of guts to be lying to the Pharoah," he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "but Yugi you are a horrible liar."

"Know lets try this again, who sent you? If you answer honestly your punishment may be less severe" he hissed.

There was no point in trying to keep up the lie, "I don't know," I answered truthfully.

"Again with the falsehoods, try answering honestly next time," Atem said his grip on me growing tighter as his facial expressions started to look more desperate.

"I was telling the truth, whoever sent me wanted to stay completely anonymous," I told him.

His grip on my arms grew looser and he looked exasperated, "You seem to be telling the truth, but why would you except the job of killing the Pharoah."

"I'll answer your question when you answer mine, how do you know my real name?" I urged.

His expression changed from exasperated to downright shocked and his nails seemed to dig into my skin causing me to cringe in pain, "Nobody talks to the Pharaoh like that, now answer my question," he growled his teeth clinched with anger.

I simply looked at him not willing to talk until he revealed how he knew my real name. Atem caught on to my unwillingness to answer his question and he sighed in annoyance.

"I followed you last night after we bumped into each other and when you left the assassin booth I asked the man in charge what your name was in hope of finding you again. Believe me I was suprised that someone as small and innocent looking as you was the most renowned assasin in all of Egypt," he explained with a chuckle.

Not like I had not heard that last part before but his answer confused me.

"Why would someone like you care about following me in the middle of the night?" I asked him.

He responded with an intimidating smile, "Question for a question Yugi, I am just following your own rules."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and frustration, "If it weren't for my Gramps I wouldn't have taken the job, they threatened to kill me and the loan sharks would kill my Gramps with no one to take care of and pay off his debt for him."

Atem's eyes widened with curiosity and he let me go completely and backed away from me slightly.

"Here is what I have decided your punishment will be Yugi. You will be locked in your bedroom when I am in mine, you will otherwise follow me everywhere as if you were my own personal guard. No one will know your little assassin secret except me but if anything happens trust me I won't be as kind," he smirked as he led me to the door connecting our bedrooms locking me in the small room.

Why was he doing this and not just having me executed immedeatly?