morning pt.2

My eyes flutter open as I feel Atem's warm embrace. I turn around to face him and see he is already awake, smiling.

"Hey," I tell him as I lean in to give him a soft kiss on the cheek.

He simply looks at me lovingly returning my gestures of affection.

"I can't believe you came back," he tells me, "I thought I was going to wake up this morning and realize last night had been a dream."

"Luckily I'm still here," I laugh placing my head into his chest to go back to sleep. Atem strokes my head as I let sleep take control.

When I wake up for the second time Atem is staring at me impatiently.

"Hmm," I groggily question.

"Breakfast is here and well it's rude to start eating without everyone so I waited for you to wake up. But, I haven't eaten anything in the last two weeks and I'm really hungry. You were also too cute to wake up and I wanted to let you keep sleeping," Atem rambled.

"2 weeks! Gods were you trying to starve yourself or something?" I ask concerned.

He nods, grabbing the platter and placing it on the bed, "Consciously no, subconsciously yes. I think my advisors were ecstatic when they heard I ordered extra food this morning."

Atem handed me a plate of the most delicious food I had ever seen. We both started almost inhaling our breakfast, not even savoring a single bite.

Atem looked up from his plate for a moment and asked quietly, "Why did you decide to come back?"

This should be an easy question, I think. I came back to protect him right? But I feel like that wasn't the only reason and I only told myself that was the only reason because I didn't think I deserved to be with Atem, so I tried to hide my feelings.

After a few moments of silence I respond, "My Gramps was my everything, when he died I was engulfed in a tsunami of loneliness. My chest felt hollow and my depression darkened my mind. It was hard for me to admit to myself that I had any feelings for you although deep inside it was obvious that I did. When I went back to the assassin agency, they told me that, cowards like me were not welcome. Also I was informed they found another person to kill you," Atem stared at me in shock as I continued, "I decided to sneak into the castle and protect you until I knew you were safe, but looking back I also came because of how lonely I was and how much I was in love with you. Honestly I was mostly planning on hiding in your room like a stalker."

He laughed at the last part, "So if I hadn't been awake last night you would be hiding under the bed right now watching as I deprived myself of my basic needs."

"Basically," I responded before finishing the last of my breakfast.

"You know, an ex-assassin boyfriend who's come to protect me from being killed is pretty hot right," he told me as his eyes seemed to be lit ablaze and he started inching towards me.

I blushed, moving backward as he continued his pursuit toward me. My back reached the headboard and there seemed to only be one option too except my fate, whatever it may be.

Suddenly, he grabbed both my wrist pulling me down on the bed trapping me underneath his body weight. He took off his shirt and now both of our bare chest were touching with the heat of a thousand flames. Atem looked at me with an almost animal like expression.

"Oh Yugi..."

Suddenly, the door to his bedroom opens.

A voice starts speaking, "Hey drama queen, heard you ate breakfast this morni.....," the voice cuts off suddenly.

"Seto," Atem growls.