confused

He left me locked alone in the small bedroom for what seemed like hours. I was alone with only my thoughts and my own self loathing, truly my own inescapable prison that I had helped build. 

Both of the doors would not open and their was truly no obvious way out. Of course I wasn't looking to escape just yet, I was still planning on killing the pharaoh no matter what my heart truly felt. Nobody was worth the well being of my precious grandfather, pharaoh or not.

Atem was on to me, which would make killing him slightly more difficult. 

How could he possibly have known that I was sent to kill him? The only way that he could have found out is by following me. Why would he care about following me? Last night I couldn't have been more then a random peasant to him. 

If he knew that I was sent here to kill him why wasn't I being executed right know? Why was is he keeping my true purpose here a secret from others? What game is the pharaoh playing? 

I laid there on my bed, utterly confused throwing my knife at the ceiling. It could stick to the ceiling with perfect accuracy then fall back down and I would catch it with the same hand. Repeating this cycle over and over again until there was a loud knock at the door that joined the pharaoh's room to mine.

Quickly I hid the knife under the thin mattress and sat up in the bed. 

"Your presence is required Yugi," his deep voice echoed. 

I quickly got off the bed and headed towards the door to meet him in his room. When I entered he simply started walking out in the hallway expecting me to follow him. Making sure I always walked at least 2 steps behind him, which is what I assumed personal guards were expected to do. Once we walked some ways he turned around to look at me.

"What are you doing all the way back there?" he questioned puzzled.

I shrugged my shoulders, "That's what I saw other personal guards doing," I responded.

"Well I don't think you're are doing much guarding Mr. Assassin," he laughed closing his beautiful eyes. God he was gorgeous. 

"Then why keep me here if you know I won't be protecting you Mr. Pharaoh," I mocked annoyed.

"You'd rather me lock you up, have you executed for attempted murder and treason? he questioned. "Now come up here and stand by me I'm lonely."

Confused, I cautiously walked towards his side as we both continued to wherever we were going in silence.  

We made it to the dining hall where his advisors sat waiting, including Mahad who hired me in the first place. He ate his meal being lectured by his advisors about various uninteresting topics while. Atem sat there obviously bored out of his mind simply nodding along to whatever they were saying. All the while I stood there by his side, posing as his personal guard.