Confessions

"Atem," I respond worried and confused.

"Yes little one," Atem responded.

"How long were you awake," I ask shaking violently and crying.

"I couldn't fall asleep and when you came in I pretended to be sleeping," Atem answered seriously.

Shock filled Yugi's body. He was awake the whole time. Why didn't he try to stop me from killing him?

"Atem are you going to have me executed?" I asked quietly.

"No! Of course not. Why would you ask that little one," Atem asked very seriously.

In between violent sobs Yugi resonded, "Be.....cause..........I..I..I.........tried to......... kill you."

Without answering Atem got out of his bed and sat next Yugi. Yugi didn't even look up from his sobs to notice Atem sitting next to him.

"Please I beg you stop crying," Atem told him commandingly, he softened his tone and whispered, "It hurts too much to see you like this."

Yugi started to calm down a little and looked up to see Atem in front of him. In the moonlight Atem looked into his red puffy eyes wet with tears. He wiped tears away from Yugi's face with his thumb.

"You're very beautiful Yugi," Atem told him softly still holding his cheek.

Yugi looked down and shock his head. It became apparent now that the pharaoh was in love with him.

"Don't say that," Yugi whispered.

"But you are my love, I realized it the first time I bumped into you. That's why I followed you in secret to the assassin's booth. You were the most stunning person I had ever seen," Atem told him with every ounce of seriousness in his body.

"BUT IM WORTHLESS, IM A MONSTER. I DISGUST MYSELF IM NOT WORTH YOUR LOVE, Yugi screamed and pointed to the scars on his chest, "YOU SEE THESE SCARS ON MY CHEST THATS HOW MANY PEOPLE I'VE KILLED! I HATE MYSELF FOR THE PERSON I HAVE BECOME AND YOU SHOULD TOO."

He started crying again softer this time and without thinking he put his head into Atem's chest. The pharaoh simply cradled the boy he loved as he continued to cry.

Yugi didn't want the pharaoh to return the feelings that Yugi felt, but his touch comforted Yugi too much to pull away.

"I hate myself," Yugi whimpered into Atem's chest.

Atem pushed Yugi away from him to look into his amethyst eyes.

"Stop hating yourself. You had to do what you had to do to survive and that's behind you now. The important thing is that you have me now and I will help you through everything and offer my unwavering support," Atem said sternly yet sweetly, "The important thing is that I trusted you enough to know you wouldn't kill me, and you didn't," Atem laughed.

I know that I love him and he loves me, yet I don't feel worthy of his love. But him here next to me like this feels so good and I don't want to leave the comfort of his arms.

Against all reason I cuddle up close to him again and dry my tears for good.

"I love you Atem," Yugi says into his chest.

"I love you my little Yugi," Atem smiled, "but can we moved this to my bed because this floor is very hard."

Yugi let out a quiet laugh and nodded. The Pharaoh picked him up gently and carried him over to his bed.

They spent the rest of the night with Yugi wrapped in Atem's arms in which they both fell asleep.