Chapter Twenty One

The sun was shining in the sky and there wasn't a single cloud in sight. Even when the the curtains were drawn close, rays of sunshine seeped through it and poured into her room. Despite the good weather, however, Yuka couldn't help but feel the jitters of a bride hours away from her wedding. She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to permeate in her mind the fact that she was going to be Yvo Zamora's wife.

When she opened her eyes, she met her own gaze in the mirror. Deep, deep in her almond-shaped eyes there was a growing absence, a feeling she tried so hard to bury but one she couldn't quite qwell. A human-shaped void that was left by a love that never was. Kahit pilit niyang ibaon sa limot si Tate ay hindi niya maiwasan maisip ang lalaki, ang posibleng ama ng dinadala niya ngayon at ang lalaking tumalikod sa kanya nang kailanganin niya.

She opened the drawer in the vanity and took out a rectangular box. It contained the necklace Tate had given her, a promise that was never fulfilled. Tears fell from her eyes. She had thought of throwing it away but that would be too dramatic. Isa pa, gold ito at may diamond pa. Hindi niya pa alam kung ano ang gagawin sa kuwintas na iyon kaya naisip niyang itabi na lang muna.

Agad niyang pinunasan ang dalawang butil ng luhang tumulo sa mga mata niya. She made a promise to herself that from on hindi niya na iisipin si Tate. This was the last time she'd let her mind wander to him, the last time she'd shed a tear for him. She was to wed a pharmaceutical billionaire, what more could she ask for? Kahit naman marriage for convenience lang ito ay naging mabuti naman si Yvo sa kanya at ito ang umako sa dinadala niya kahit hindi ito sigurado kung siya ba ang ama.

Dito sa Hacienda Zamora gaganapin ang kasal nila ilang oras mula ngayon. It had become a family tradition to them to wed at the hacienda, which was very fitting for their simple, garden wedding. Maganda at malawak ang hardin ng mga Zamora, and even though the wedding was supposed to be simple she had hired the best of the bests to arrange the venue.

A few minutes after, her stylists and makeup artist came into the room and began doing their magic on her. The make up were as simple and natural-looking as possible so as not to appear too excessive with her lavish gown. Just a light makeup and a loose updo. Everybody was just busy getting ready for the wedding and she hadn't even seen her groom since yesterday. She wondered what Yvo would look like later and a small smile somehow made its way across her face. Hindi pa niya nakikita ang lalaki na nakasuot ng gagamitin niya sa pangkasal nila at ganon din naman si Yvo. All he probably knew was that it was worth 1.5 million pesos and she didn't think he would really mind.

"Ang ganda ganda talaga ng anak ko, oo!" Naluluhang sabi ni Sasha habang nakatingin sa kanya nang masuot niya na ang wedding gown. She, too, couldn't help admiring herself in front of the mirror. "Di pa rin ako makapaniwala. Dalawa na kayo ng Ate mong may sarili ng pamilya."

"Nako, Mammy, ang mukap! Walang iyakan, mahal ang bayad sa makeup artist!" She said as she herself was trying hard to stop her tears from falling.

"Oo nga pala!" Her mother tried to wipe her tears away before it could even make its way down her made up cheeks.

"Magpakabait ka, Yuka, wag mo pairalin pagkamaldita mo." Paalala ni Jodie sa inaanak.

"Nandito pa din kami para sa'yo. Kung may kailangan ka, ako ang unang lapitan mo." Hinawakan ni Saskia ang mga kamay ng kapatid. "Huwag kang mahihiya sa amin."

"Kapatid mo pa. Hindi niya alam yung salitang hiya." Jodie chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Si Ninang talaga, inookray ako. Ceasefire muna. Kasal ko naman ngayon." Inirapan niya ito.

He put his hand on his chest and his face controted into sadness, his eyes filming with tears. "Hindi pa lang din talaga ako makapaniwala na ikakasal ka na. Si Cosme na lang ang natitirang Flores."