Chapter 11: Water - The Enemy, the Savoir

Tyler

The bodies of humans were scattered about, some of which I presumed were still alive by the way their upper torso elevated and depressed with each breath. The others, unfortunately, were recently killed. This was most likely the work of BlackHoles, which use a human body's life span to fuel its own endeavors. When defeated, the human's body will be released and dropped onto the ground. Sometimes... it's too late and the victim's entire life span has been sucked out, leaving only the body without the soul. In other cases, the human may have only been dormant inside the BlackHole for a short amount of time, so the victim is left unconscious - with a shorter life span, however. But...what I don't understand is what they're doing here. I didn't see any Black Holes underwater... unless they've been brought down by Seto's commander for protection. "I know what you may be thinking, but they're not from BlackHoles. They're going to be victims for Black Holes or taken over by the FallenClan..." Victor mumbled.

"E-Even small children?" Kisa stuttered, clutching a small little girl in her arms.

"Kisa! It could be a trap!" Cassie shouted, running towards her.

"I can't just leave them like this! They're all helpless victims! We have to do something!" she sobbed. Her empathy shot through the gang. Even I could not stand tall as her eyes streamed gentle tears for the victims.

I knelt beside her. "Can I see her?" I held my arms out. Kisa wiped her eyes and slowly placed the girl in my arms. I placed two fingers on her neck, checking for a pulse. I didn't feel anything. Her skin was cold and she wasn't breathing. However... something told me she was still alive. "Let me... try something."

Everyone took a step back. I placed my hand over her chest, trying to perform a difficult spell I never could master. from my palms to the tips of muy fingers, I could feel a surge of weakened energy. This girl... appears to have some sort of magic. Because of this, I may be able to use her magic energy to revive her with the power that lingered within. Suddenly, a light flashed and forced us backwards. Only Kisa still sat where she was. She crawled over to the girl despite the unknown dangers, stroking her face gently.

"Is she alive?" she asked me.

I moved towards the little girl again, checking for a pulse. "H-Hey! She's breathing!" Lucia gasped.

Everyone huddled around the small child. Her eyes shot open, staring at my face. Her eyes started to water as she lunged toward me.

"Daddy!!" she wailed.

Clarissa rose an eyebrow. "....Daddy?" she frowned.

The group shuddered in unison. "Tyler... What the hell?" Ryan backed away. We both exchanged equal expressions of bewilderment.

Lucia and Cassie flashed me dirty looks. The need to defend myself was overwhelming. "I-It's not what you guys think! I didn't sleep around or anything!!" I shouted.

The girl still hugged me tightly, crying softly to herself. "She must be confused or something..." Kisa cooed, combing the girl's hair with her fingers. Although she was the only one unphased by the situation, she only made me feel even more distressed.

"She's cute and all, Tyler... but we can't bring your daughter on this mission," Victor sighed.

"SHE'S NOT MY DAUGHTER!" I yelled.

The girl looked up at me, her eyes filling up.

"Daddy, why do you hate me?" she cried.

"N-no! I didn't mean that I-"

"What's your name?" Kisa asked the little girl.

"Genevieve..." she sniffed.

Kisa pulled Genevieve from my arms, cradling her. "My name is Kisa. That guy over there is Tyler. Are you sure he's your daddy?"