Chapter 13: At Last

Kisa

I broke from the ice, trying to look for the others with the little strength I had left. I staggered on the surface and pushed my palm onto the frozen ice. Using the last of my energy, I unfroze the entire ocean except where Brain was located but with no clue of Genevieve's whereabouts. She just...

Vanished.

As I sunk into the water, I felt someone's hands gasping me from underneath and pulling me back up.

Victor

After I pulled Kisa out from the sea, I opened a black hole on the surface and teleported everyone out, including the ice-cubed Brain. Everyone eventually woke up in the hotel but with little energy to move around, as expected. Ryan and I knew our priority would be to get Cassie a better place to rest and carefully carried her over to an empty room. Her wounds gaped at our every touch and Tyler's face dropped further into sorrow, knowing he had no magic left to heal her. The next day, I slowly opened the door to Cassie's room to check on her burns. Her face was still in a painful squint, but she seemed much calmer than she did in Brain's lair. Lucia grabbed my shoulder from behind. "How are you feeling?" she asked her, tilting her head off to the side.

"Much better after I rested a bit... still stings though," Cassie sighed.

"What we're you thinking... taking an impact like that?" Lucia frowned. Her sympathy was always short-lived.

"I wasn't going to Brain hurt him...," she whimpered. "Besides, I'm the only one who can handle a water attack head-on and live."

"We're just glad you're alright," I jumped in, handing her a glass of water.

"Thanks."

"Hey," Ryan loomed in the doorway, scratching his head.

"Morning, Boss!" I waved.

He stretched his arms above his head, then toppled into bed next to Cassie.

"Thanks for saving my ass back there," he smiled.

Cassie growled as the water spilling from her cup. "Thanks for shaking the bed, ya goof!"

"Sorry! Please don't hurt me!" Ryan begged, rolling onto the floor.

"SHHH! Kisa hasn't woken up yet," Lucia crossed her arms, glaring at Ryan.

"Sorry! Sheesh," he grumbled.

I looked over at the bed next to Cassie's where Kisa still slept peacefully.

"She's really powerful... it's kind of scary," I sighed.

"Yeah, she is..." Ryan took a quick glance at her before standing up.

"What's going on here?" Tyler peered from behind me.

Clarissa was already leaning against the wall, stroking her hair with an unreadable expression.

"Oh, Tyler! Do you think you can heal Cassie now?" Lucia asked.

Tyler crackled his knuckles. "I'm pretty sure I can." 

Cassie rubbed her eyes gently as Tyler sat next to her. "This is going to hurt a bit," he warned. He both his hands over her cheeks and pushed gently. Cassie flinched but sat still. Her face slowly lit up and glowed until the burns had disappeared.

"Ahhh, that feels better!"

"Good. Now, to heal your entire body, just hug me around my shoulders okay?"

"Okay!" Cassie's delicate arms wrapped around Tyler who did the same. After a few seconds her whole body glowed, healing every injury that insulted her body. She smiled as all the pain had vanished. "Ahh! That's more like it."