Chapter 20: Take her Place

Kisa

"Can you breathe?" Tyler asked me. I could actually barely speak now. The pain in my chest was growing and blood was trickling down my sides from what I could see. They had laid me on a bed in the infirmary where I now struggled to fight back the pain to speak. "It is fine don't say anything. I have to remove your top to get direct contact with the injury ok?"

I noticed Ryan wiggling uncomfortably. "Do you want me to leave?"

"It might make it easier for her. But make a decision. I'm starting now."

"Call me back in when she's alright!" Ryan dashed off with little hesitation.

I flinched as he slowly removed the burnt clothes from my chest. "I'm really sorry. Gosh, it's really bleeding now. You're going to be ok, just relax and try to breathe but carefully."

As uncomfortable as this was, I knew I had no other choice but to go through with it. I felt both his hands fully surround my breasts as the pain from his touch spiked throughout my body. Within seconds, I felt a warm surge of heat that instantly numbed the pain and recovered the injury. He quickly removed his hands and shook off his shirt, tossing it onto my head, then turned around. "Put it on."

"Th-thanks..." I mumbled.

"A-Are you done now?"

"Y-Yes!"

He slowly turned around and bowed his head in shame, kneeling by my side. "I'm really sorry all this happened. I didn't think you would open the door and-"

"Its fine. You didn't mean any harm. Besides, I knew you wouldn't let me die," I smiled weakly.

He seemed unsatisfied with my answer, but continued to speak. "Are you feeling better though?"

"Yeah, the injury is all healed now so I don't feel any pain."

"I'm... really sorry you had to go through with all that. I just.. I hope you can forgive me at some point in time or... no don't," he shook his head furiously, then looked up at me again, "Kisa, I --"

I placed my hand on top of his gently. "It's ok, Tyler. Truly."

He suddenly stood up and scratched his head, slipping his hand from underneath mine. "I'll go and fetch Ryan! He was really worried... Victor too."

"Ah! Ok..."

He ran out so quickly! It was only a matter of seconds until the other two came rushing in. "Kisa! Are you alive?!" Ryan shouted.

"I'm fine now."

"Damn, karma hit us hard," Victor sighed, sulking as he sat on the bed next to mine.

"D-did you guys hear everything?" I gulped.

They all nodded with a guilty air. They looked so pitiful that I couldn't scold them the way Lucia and Cassie did (or rather, beat them up). "You shouldn't eavesdrop like that, you know."

"We were just curious..." Victor said quietly.

"I didn't think you would ever forgive us, especially after nearly... killing you," Tyler shook, his voice trembling with agony, struggling to verbalize his last words.

Ryan took my hands into his. "How can we make it up to the three of you?" The warmth of his hands was comforting but his touch was rather firm.

I blushed and turned to face the window, avoiding his darting stare. "Ummm..."

"