~Chapter 10~

-Elizabeth's P.O.V-

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS BITCH, MELIODAS????!!!!" A girl with short, pink hair came over. Liz. "I should have known you'd try to steal him from me, Elizabeth. You knew that I liked him!!" Her cold tone made me flinch. Meliodas just looked confused. 

"Wait," he looked at me, "Do you know her?"

"Umm... y-yes. S-she's my c-cousin..." I trailed off. Meliodas looked at me, shock and hurt written all over his face.

"Yes that's right," Liz snapped, "And now she stole you from me, Meliodas. You should ditch her, and come on a date with me!" I was so jealous of Liz. She was so confident and always got her way. She glared at me, hatred and betrayal in her eyes. Then I realized there was something else.... She was jealous of me. She was jealous of my relationship with Meliodas. Suddenly, I felt really bad for her. She had always used her anger to hide her true feelings. She was in love with him. And, honestly she deserved him more than I did. She had actually tried to win his affection, while I was sitting around, having my friends do all of the work for me. 

I was about to say something when Meliodas cut in. "You know Liz, I used to like you. You cared about others and tried to help everyone. You used your popularity to help people who were bullied or hurt. But now, you're the one bullying and hurting the same people for personal gain. Now, you use your popularity to hurt others, and to instill fear in them. Even your friends are only still around because they're scared of what might happen if they stop being friends with you. You're not the same Liz I used to know."

Now Liz looked really hurt! She was really close to tears. She tried to defend herself. "But−" she protested, but Meliodas cut in again. 

"Goodbye Liz." Then, he started walking off. 

Liz collapsed on the ground. She started sobbing. I started walking toward her, but she raised her hand. "Don't talk to me! You are no family of friends of mine! I wish you had never been born!!" I started backing away, but she continued. "You're a bitch, you know? Not only do you steal the man I love, but you play innocent and try to comfort me. So from now on, if you EVER try to talk to me or comfort me, I'll make sure your life becomes a living hell! Mark my words!!" With that she ran off, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

I took a shaky breath, and tried to focus on not tripping on my way to the parking lot. Meliodas was leaning against my car, his jacket under his arm. He looked up from his phone when heard me coming. He smiled, but it disappeared when he saw my face. His eyebrows creased with worry. "What's wrong? I'll drive you home, and we can get your car tomorrow morning, okay?"

I collapsed against his chest. I started crying. Meliodas ran his fingers through my hair. After a few minutes, he asked, "So, Ellie, can you tell me what's wrong?" The nickname made me blush, but I nodded. "I-I'll tell you in the car." He just nodded, and walked me over to the passengers seat, and opened the door, like a true gentleman. 

I giggled. "T-thank you." I stuttered, my blush coming back. He took my hand and kissed it. 

"Anything for MY Ellie." With that I got into the car and closed the door. Meliodas walked over to the driver's side. He got in and started the car. 

-Meliodas' P.O.V-

We sat in silence for a few minutes, watching the trees and houses zoom by. Then, I turned over to her. "Ellie, what happened? Please tell me!" Ellie looked over at me, tears in her eyes. 

"S-she t-told m-me that s-she hated me. S-she s-said that she wished I had n-never b-been b-born.... S-she s-said t-that I s-stole you f-from h-her." 

"WHAT??!!!" I shouted. "THAT BITCH!!!!!"

"M-Meliodas, p-please don't be angry with her! S-she l-loves you..." she trailed off. Then it hit me. Ellie felt bad for her. My glare softened. 

"You don't have to worry about that. I don't love her. I love someone else...." I looked over at her, hoping for a smile, but her frown deepened. 

-Elizabeth's P.O.V-

How could I be so delusional? Of course he loved someone else. She was probably really beautiful and smart and the opposite of me. He probably only went on this date with me because our friends had asked him to. He was so kind and caring, and he probably felt bad for me.

It took me all of my willpower not to burst into tears again. When we reach my house, I ran out of the car and sprinted up the stairs of our front porch. I ran inside without a second glance. Margret and Veronica were in the kitchen, cleaning up from dinner, and they heard me come in. I walked into the kitchen to help them.

"Who's the lucky guy??!!" Veronica asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I blushed at her comment. "Oooh! Margaret look! She's blushing!!"

Margret raised one eyebrow at me. HOW DO PEOPLE DO THAT???!!! She pulled up a chair and motioned for me to sit. "Tell us everything!" she said. She and Veronica leaned against the counter as I told them about dinner, and our encounter with Liz. Both Margret and Veronica hated her. Then I told them about the part where Meliodas had said that he loved someone else. 

I burst out crying, and Veronica tried to comfort me while Margret went to grab the tissues. When she came back, Margret asked me a question that made me turn red. "Do you like him?" she inquired. 

I tried to deny it, but they could see right through my lies, so I gave up trying to lie. "Y-yes..." I confessed. Margret looked at me with sad eyes and tried to comfort me, while Veronica was prancing around singing, "I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!!" over and over again. Then she said, "You know, he might have been trying to say that he loved YOU.... But anyways, I totally ship y'alls!!" Her comment made me blush. Could he maybe have even the tiniest feelings for me? 

-Meliodas' P.O.V-

I drove home, replaying what had happened that night in my head, over and over again. I was so confused. Why had she run so fast without even saying goodbye? Did I say something wrong? What was she doing now?

These questions kept running through my head the entire way home. When I got home, I unlocked the front door. My dad was away on a business trip and wouldn't be home until next Saturday. Estarossa, my second youngest brother was out on a date with a girl. He's had so many girlfriends by now, that I lost track after ten. So only my and Zeldris, my youngest brother were home. 

Zeldris was on the couch in the living room, watching a movie. He paused it when he heard me come home. 

"Hey bro. How was your date? Was she hot?" he asked. I walked over to him and sat down in one of the armchairs facing him. 

"Dude, I think I messed up...." I started. I told him all about what had happened, and he sighed. He looked disappointed. Zeldris has always been the most responsible out of all three of us. Sometimes he acted like a mom. No joke.

"Well, big bro, you messed up really bad...." 

*******************************************

Hey peoples!!! 1268 words, not including the author's note!!!! Let me know if you want long chapters like this, or shorter ones. I really hope you enjoyed!!! 

I'm about to start writing the next chapter for Liones High, so don't worry!! Comment any suggestions, questions, concerns, and more!!! 

BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!❤️❤️

~Nina