Chapter 13

My mom was in shock once I began to tell her what happened. She was beyond mad at me but she was more mad a Nathan. I ended up telling her everything that ever happened. From the drinking to the partying to the rape. She started to cry because I know she didn't ever want some boy to treat her daughter like Nathan treated me. I also told her about what his mom said about pressing charges. My mom and I knew that pressing charges was probably the best thing to do because no one should ever get raped ever. We decided to head straight to the police station.

We had to wait awhile because there were other people there at the time. Once we got to finally see someone there words were either "you can press charges but by the sounds of it they'd probably take it to court". She also said she'd reccomend hiring a lawyer. So my mother and I spent the night at the police station figuring out what lawyer and how to go about this.

In the morning the lawyer we hired came to the station to pick us up and then brought us to her office. She told me to stop all communication with Nathan because I knew that Nathan would text me which he did but I gave my phone over to my lawyer. We spent the whole day with her forming a case and then she sent a letter to Nathan's mom saying were pressing charges and suing Nathan.

I hadn't talked to my friends for the longest time because we were so busy with my lawyer. When I got home that evening Ally was siting on my doorstep waiting for me. I stepped out of my car and ran to hug her. She had brought Starbucks and all the homework I missed. It was nice to have someone there for me. We spent the rest of the night studying and laughing. She asked me what happened but i told her I couldn't tell her because my lawyer told me not to. She told me she was just happy that I was alright and she hoped all went well in the coming days. When she went to the bathroom I went on her phone and went on Nathan's twitter just to see if he maybe had tweeted anything about me. He did. All his tweets were calling me out on the whole situation. Mistake number 13 (Never tweet your problems because they will come back to bite you) I screen shot them and sent them to my phone to show my lawyer. Even though the things he said were hurtful I knew it would only be helping my case.

We spent the next few days with my lawyer going over and over the information. The court case was set for Saturday. Which was tomorrow. I was so nervous I wanted to throw up but I knew I had to do this. Not just for me but for any other girl that had ever been in this situation. Walking into court there were news stations and people wanting to get more information on the case. I have no clue how the case went so big but my thoughts were it was probably his mother trying to mess with me. Walking through the crowd was hard because there were so many people all yelling things at you like "Ashel is it true you're making all this up" and other things along that point. My lawyer was nice enough to say "Miss Brown has no comments at the moment".

Once we got inside we were brought to a room while we waited for everything to get settled. Everything was chaotic but calm at the same time. I was actually quite nervous but I knew I was ready. I wasn't quite sure if I was ready to see Nathan though but I was going to have to because a man came in telling us the judge was ready to start.

-Coming to the end soon! Can't wait to finish this story because I love writing it.- Brittany xx