Chapter14: Great catch

"Can we? " I ask again as I get no response back then.

"Woah.. I'm sorry but I'm not into girls like you. " he replies.

What? Girls like me? He means..
No! No! A big misunderstanding.
(Somewhat, feels like a Deja Vu. )

"What? No, Not with you, Not you and me, Not u-us. I was talking about.."

"Kay, I got it. Now stop being a cherry." he complains.

A cherry? Was I that red?
Why did I feel embarrassed in the first place?

"..What did you mean.. Hello, Ms.Humble! " he snaps at me.

"Yes! " I get startled.

"So, then what did you mean by 'can we go on a date' ? " he asks.

"Oh. Yeah, that." I bite my lower lip and look at him in embarrassment.

"hm? " he arches his brow up and is finally, all set to listen to me.

It's really weird that I blurted it out as a date when what I meant was to hang out. How will I explain now? There's a big difference between the two but the stupid me is really unreasonable. He was right. I'm a Ms. Stupid, anyway.

***
"A cold coffee, please." I order.

He rolls his eyes at me and says, ''I'm gonna cape off. You can find somebody else, you know. "

"But I can't. " I lift up my shoulders.

"Please, I need your help and I could have found somebody but it's an urgent task to be done, you know. " I add later.

He sighs and folds his arms behind his head.

"Okay, you'll owe me this one. For sure. " I twitch at the end of his statement. I know that I will have to owe him for this but I hope he won't make me run my errands as annoying favours.

He looks at me suspiciously and smiles.

"Don't worry. I'll not make you my slave or anything." he confirms.

To be real, I was actually thinking he would. So, it was a relief.

"A-As if you can. " I stutter.

He grins. I open my mouth to say him something but decide against it when I see the waitress making her way to our table with the cold coffee I ordered, in a cup on the tray.

***

"So, when should I call her? " I slurp my coffee.

"I don't know. " he shrugs.

"I mean, are you free now? " I ask.

"Am I? " so does he.

I sigh in defeat and shake my head.
He smiles slyly and takes a sip of my coffee.

"Hey! " I snatch my cup of coffee back from him.

"I'll answer if you let -"

"No, it's mine. Order yourself one if you want. "

He nods his head like a child and hums.

But I don't know what's so funny that he's smiling so much.

I am close to take a sip of my coffee but it doesn't take me long to realize that the beverage is already mouthed by him.

Now, I know, what he meant to say was he would answer if I let myself drink that. I can't drink it now. Because if I do then it'll feel like..I don't know.. like as if I'm touching his lips and..

"I guess, you can call her now. " he returns me back from my perverted thoughts.

"Okay. " I dig up my purse and take out my cell phone to call Marsha.

Hello. Where are you?
I'm Sorry. Can we meet now?

I mistakenly, click on some of the few voicemails sent by Marsha.

"Sorry. " I say and dial up her number.

''Hello, Marsha."

"Oh. Hi! Where are you? "

"somewhere you're not. " I snapped without being about my senses.

"I'm really sorry. I even came to your house to meet you but you weren't there. "

"No, you weren't there. " suddenly a pause arises between the conversation.

My bad.

"You went to the address I sent you? "

"Uh, no. I didn't..I.. '' I look at Mike in confusion and slowly whisper covering the phone. "what should I say? "

He shrugs off and say," Whatever you want to."

Idiot.

I roll my eyes at him and return back to the call."Actually, no. I didn't. I.. I came to your house. "

"Okay, "

"Yeah. But I'm still pissed off. Why'd you prank me? "

"I actually sent you Mike's address by mistake. I'm not good with technical things, you know that. "

"Wait.. You said it yourself. You pranked me and cried for help! " a sudden raise in my volume evolved.

"Cool down, babe. " suddenly, Mike places a hand on my back and a sudden shiver run down my spine.

What's happening!?

"Who's that? Are you with somebody?"

"I-It.. " I froze, I literally did. I couldn't speak a single sentence.

"It's the television. " I somehow manage and let out a breathe. I look at him. He smirks and recites slowly, ''Great catch. "

My heart starts racing.. For no reason.

"I'm really really sorry. I mean it. I'm coming at your home. Please, be there." for a moment I forgot about being on a call with Marsha. He's so distracting!

"I won't be. "

"But.. I.."

"Not because I'm angry but I'm at a cafeteria right now. You can join. "

I hear her sigh in relief .

"Okay, send me the address. I'll be there."

😁 stay tuned!