Chapter 2- cabin

Ebony
——————————
Ebony looked over at Ishetu. They were sitting in a very small cabin. Everything was in just one room. They didn't mind though.

Ishetu was playing with his hair, pulling out the braid and re-braiding it. This wasn't anything new, so Ebony wasn't bothered. He, on the other hand, was playing with his bone knife. Mother had taught them self defence, and they each had a knife.

Ishetu looked over at him, "Why do you think mother didn't talk about father much?"

"I think she was sad. Remember how she would get real quiet and stare out the window? She might have been thinking about him then" Ebony guessed.

He slowly nodded, "we didn't she visit him then?"

Ebony just shrugged.

Ishetu thought silently for a minute, then threw his braid back over his shoulder so it fell on his back. Looking up at Ebony, "I think you'll like this city, it seems more like something you'd enjoy."

"It does sound cool" Ebony admitted. Smiling at him. Ishetu was always more shy with new people, and preferred more quiet spaces. Ebony liked seeing new people. He didn't often get the chance to talk to them though, because mother didn't like strangers. He never understood why.

He looked out the window, watching the snow fall gently, in big, fat, flakes.

Ishetu joined him by the window. Watching the snow slowly fall.

—————————————
???
——————————
"Retreat!"

He looked up, then turned and ran. Back to the mountains. Not daring to look back. Sprinting threw the trees, ducking around them and jumping over fallen trunks. The young man kept running.

Only when he reached a small camp, hidden in the mountains, did he stop. Looking around him. There wasn't many people here. Less then a hundred. He sighed and sat down by the fire. Running a hand through his hair.

They weren't making much progress. And being completely ignored by Cota.

Cota. Once known as King Moacom, had slowly became one of the Lost once his wife had disappeared. The king grew angry and violent. The Lost was a disease only Cota's could get. It caused the lost of the ability to feel emotions properly.

"Jones!" A voice called out.

Jones looked up at him, which a questioning look, the man sat down beside him, "Maybe we should just lay low for a little bit" the man advised.

Jones smiled politely at him, "I think that's a good idea. We can wait until we have more weapons"

The man nodded. Walking away.

Jones watched him leave. Then ran a hand through his long hair, sighing.

Was it really the right decision to join the rebellion?