THREE (ISELEN POV)

"Good morning, how was your first night in prison? Did you have fun?" Jasmine asks pretending to look innocent while wiggling her eyebrows and the girls laugh amused. "It seems to me that you were a little restrained... Don't worry, it's normal at first but Ruby will fix it... You'll be very relaxed soon."

The girls laugh even louder when they see my red cheeks while I hold my towel and toilet bag. I don't know why I'm feeling embarrassed, actually, I've spent most part of my adult life listening to rude people asking indiscreet questions or making lewd remarks about sex between women to check my reaction, I should be used to it. Although nothing about this situation feels normal: I'm in jail after my best friend killed her boyfriend in front of me, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen pretends to be my partner and she fingers herself on top of my body while the whole ward hears her... I guess I have enough reasons to feel a bit... confused. Actually, I didn't have time to think about it... I fell asleep last night.

I was exhausted after yesterday's excitement and, to be honest, I felt safe for the first time in weeks knowing that Ruby was sleeping near and her bodyguards were in the next cell. A buzzer echoing through the ward woke me up early this morning but my girlfriend wasn't lying on her bunk. I sat down yawning and realized that inmates were going to the bathroom carrying their towels and toilet bags so I assumed I should do the same, I ran into Pilar on my way there and she explained to me the morning routine while we head to the bathroom where Jasmine started to make fun of me. This place is packed with inmates wandering around naked with no embarrassment, they sit down on benches, comb their hair in front of mirrors or chat lively while waiting in line for a free shower... it could be the locker room in a gym with green and white tiles, big mirrors, white sinks and green shower curtains, if it weren't for the fact that those high windows have bars.

"Come on, go ahead..."

"Sorry, what?" Jasmine gestures at the shower in front of which the girls are waiting in line and Moina nods, stepping back.

"Water is hotter at the beginning and has better pressure, that's why some women wake up very early in order to be the first in line. This is your first day here and I'm pretty sure you need a good shower... come on, go ahead."

"That's very kind of you but it's not necessary, I'll wait my turn..." My voice gets weaker when I see Jasmine shaking her head and gesturing with her hand at the shower again.

"Come on, Iselen. Ruby won't like it if she finds out we aren't taking care of you properly. Don't take your slippers off, this bathroom is cleaner than other prisons facilities but you never know..."

"Thank you, I'll be quick..." I assure her before pulling the curtain. I put my toilet bag on a shelf, take my shower gel and shampoo and hang my clothes and towel on a hook on the wall before turning the water on. I rush to wash my hair, cutting it short was a good idea after all, before moving one step to stand under the water. It's hot like Jasmine promised and I'd like to stay here for one minute at least, but I can't leave the girls waiting outside... they've been really kind to me despite I'm lying to them. A movement behind me startles me.

"Good morning, my love..."

"Ruby!" I can hear laughs on the other side of the curtain, amused by my outraged yell. "You scared me..."

"I'm sorry," my pretend girlfriend smiles mischievously before dropping her stuff next to mine, taking her own shampoo and starting to wash her hair too.

"What are you doing?" I whisper furiously, turning around abruptly when I remember that I'm naked in front of her... to be fair, she's naked too and I was able to take a good look at her rosy nipples... at her tattoos. Actually, I was focusing on those colourful designs and not on her... Oh God, what a mess I'm into... My life has turned upside down, definitely.