TWENTY-SEVEN (ISELEN POV)

"Oh my God, that's quite a rock you're wearing! I love it." Jasmine holds my hand to be able to take a closer look at the ring and puts on the sunglasses she took off when she walked in the building, pretending that the shine on my finger is blinding her. Erin lets out a soft whistling admiring the stone and I blush awkwardly.

"Damn it, boss, you've set very high standards," Moina complains looking at Ruby who's laughing and pouring drinks for all the girls. "No woman in the Company will be satisfied with less than two carats on a platinum ring..."

"Don't worry, I don't like big precious stones, they bother me while working..." Glenna shakes her head before kissing my cheeks to greet me and leaning over the crib to look at the baby. I guess she's right, she works smashing the faces of people who try to attack Ruby and that would be difficult if she wears a massive diamond. I frown, lost in my thought, because it's something I should bear in mind when picking out a ring for my fiancée... it must be comfortable and durable. A band made of tungsten with a small diamond would be perfect, I'm sure Ruby will prefer a modern design.

"Why do you think I'm talking about you?"

"Stop acting all tough, Moina, we all know you're crazy for Glen and can't wait to propose..." Pilar winks at the blonde who looks back at her like she wants to kill her all of a sudden but she restrains herself because Owen walks in the living room right then along with Seamus. "Anyway, this wedding celebration will be an epic party... We're going to have the time of our lives..."

"We're all here..." Adara whispers nervously next to me and I nod, checking that little Nessa is sound asleep for the last time. Ruby gives Owen a glass of whiskey and looks at me out of the corner of her eye suspiciously, feeling the change in the room atmosphere, the bond I share with her is really strong and only one look is enough for her to understand we aren't here to pick out an appropriate date and a safe place to celebrate our wedding helped by our friends and family.

"What's going on?" she asks with a serious tone of voice. "Iselen?"

"Sit down, please, Adara will explain it... I'm sorry, Ruby, it's not good news..."

"You're scaring me..." my girl answers straightening her back and everyone present in the room stare at us cautiously from couches and armchairs holding their glasses.

"Sit down," I repeat getting closer and taking her tattooed hand. Ruby obeys reluctantly flopping down on a couch next to me looking at me concerned. "Do you remember I told you I'd help Adara to check Nessa's stuff one more time?"

"Have you found the rat?" Owen asks excitedly and I exchange a knowing look with my best friend. "Care to elaborate, please? You two are getting on my nerves..."

"I'm sorry, dad, it's just that... Listen, my cousin had several suitcases with clothes, shoes, bags and some of those garments are really fancy and expensive but others are just normal clothes so Iselen has been helping me to make two piles: one with clothes in good condition that can be sent to a homeless shelter and a second one with stuff we could sell online getting lot of money we could give to the parish of the neighbourhood, the priest buys food for families and old people in need." Owen nods impatiently and Adara takes a deep breath. "Iselen found a bag, a very special one, expensive... More than $2,500... from a Spanish brand."

"It's an Amazona from Loewe, I've always wanted one of those: big, gorgeous and comfortable to carry." I sigh dreamily and my girl looks at me raising an eyebrow, confused. "Yes, I know you can buy me one now... I'll remind you about this conversation before my birthday."

"All right," Ruby nods and smiles. "What's wrong with Nessa's bag?"

"As I've said, I know the bag very well and went to a Loewe store once or twice to be able to touch it even if I couldn't afford buying it, that's why I noticed it immediately... Your cousin's bag was too heavy and I thought that maybe she left something inside... But when I opened it, I was surprised to find out that the interior of the bag was smaller than it should be... Nessa cut the linen to create a false bottom where she could hide stuff..."