Chapter 14: The Crates And A Fallen Over Crane

Thomas and his friends continued down the path until they reached a large area, with river water on the side of it.

"Where are we?" Stephanie softly asked, looking confused as she glanced around the new surroundings.

Thomas also noticed the confusion tone in Stephanie's voice, seeing where they were as he glanced around.

"Oh, I know where we are now!" Thomas exclaimed. "We're on the canal outside of Sodor!"

"Basically, what he is saying is we are on the Mainland!" James corrected Thomas for Stephanie when she glanced over at him with a slightly confused look on her face.

Stephanie understood him with a slight smile on her face and glanced back in the front before Thomas stopped when there was a massive wooden crate on the tracks.

The trains behind his back also stopped, too, luckily not bumping into him.

Thomas groaned in slight irritation and glanced up over the crate.

"Beresford!" Thomas called. "Can you move the crate? It's me, Thomas!"

No response to Thomas' call.

Stephanie noticed no cranes were moving the crates around, so she hopped out of Thomas' cab without him noticing to check on what is happening.

"Beresford!" Thomas called again to the crane, whose name he was summoning, before whistling his whistle. "Can you hear me?"

Still no response to Thomas' calls even to his whistle too.

Stephanie slipped between the crates quickly towards were creaking noises are coming from, sounding like the crane that Thomas was calling to is trying to get up from falling over.

"Beresford?" Thomas called again.

When Stephanie reached a really tight space between two crates, she moved her arms up over her head in a pencil position and carefully squeezed through like a cat.

Thomas' voice in the distance was semi-unhearable, as the creaking noises were louder than his voice.

"Son of a-" A voice snapped before the creaking happened again.

Stephanie finally popped out of the space she is going through, seeing what happened to the missing crane.

The crane is painted sky blue with magenta and yellow lining and white hazard stripes.

He was attempting to move his arm down to push himself up back to the tracks, but is having trouble because of his weight and looked frustrated.

"Uh, excuse me?" Stephanie spoke, startling him as he landed on the ground with a thump.

It caused the ground to shake a little, and luckily did not make Stephanie fall over to her bottom.

He glanced around for the source of the voice until Stephanie stepped forward.

"Do you need help?" Stephanie asked as he glanced over at her.

He sighed and shook his head no.

"No thanks," he spoke, before trying again to get up from the ground with his arm. "I... think I can..."

He grunted as he tried pushing himself up, but collapsed on the ground with another thump.

He huffed after he had landed back on the ground, looking really annoyed.

"Maybe you need help now?" Stephanie asked, smiling a little.

"How can a tiny human like you lift me up from the ground?" He asked, snapping a little. "I'm too big for you to pick up, and you will get hurt!"