CHAPTER 5: My fault

My mom came in with the snacks, smiling from ear to ear, but the thing is after kissing there was a slightly awkward atmosphere between us, luckily she didn't notice. She brought us the snacks, some tea to go with those and left the room still smiling. We then looked at each other, wordless for a moment and then all of a sudden we started laughing.

We didn't say anything after that, nothing about our feelings at least, we just did our homework and we talked about all kinds of things; what he likes, what he hates, what I love to do, what we should do next, small talk, but it was nice, it felt natural, and after a while it felt as if I knew Kyungsoo since forever.

Night came fast, the outside slowly getting darker and stars showing up in the sky. From my small window you could see them, the stars, the moon, the night sky, it was beautiful; it made you calm at night when you couldn't sleep, it made you feel protected, as if the moon could protect you from everything that's bad in the world. Then when it was time for bed, I realized something, and that is that I have only one bed, small and all that, because it was meant for one person, and I don't exactly bring my girlfriends home with me to let them sleep here.

"Kyungsoo, we might have a little problem with how we are going to sleep..." I said as I looked at him, not really scared but not really knowing about what I was talking about either, I might as well be just paranoid.

"What is it?" He said looking back, giving me all his attention,

"Is there something wrong?" he went on, looking quite worried, it was odd, but somehow it was cute too.

"You can't sleep with someone else? Do you have a phobia so we need to keep the lights on? Something like that?" He said, trying to think what problem could there be, when in fact it was pretty dumb, and it was just me over-thinking.

"Ah, no, no, it's not that," I said as I raised my hands in the air, as if defending myself,

"It's just that, there is only one bed." I said, sounding completely obvious, but Kyungsoo chuckled a bit and waited for me to go on,

"We kinda have to sleep together. In the same bed and it's also a small bed..." It wasn't that I would try and do something to him, it's not like I'm really going to do it with him so fast; yeah I love him and he loves me but I'm not a dog in heat.

"That's okay." Kyungsoo said, smiling and coming closer to me and looking straight in my eyes with an expression that was again that look that seemed to scare everyone off,

"I guess that means you won't do anything to me, while we sleep, right?" He gave me that 'if you do something I don't like I will kill everything you ever loved' kinda look. So I just laughed and let it go, even that expression couldn't scare me off, he was cute with that expression too, somehow everything he did seems cute today.

"I won't do anything, I will be good." I said back, faster that I thought and he just let out a small chuckle and went back to sit on the chair he was earlier. I was kind of happy now so I will stay put, he's mine now and that is enough for me, that's all that matters.

We talked some more, small talk again, nothing much, about all sorts of nothings, school then music, something about dance, and the conversation pretty much jumped from one thing to another really fast. I was getting sleepy, it was getting late, and I wanted to sleep so I suggested we go and take a shower and he agreed; he must be tired too, it was a long day today, full of new things, it tires you.

I took the shower first, trying not to take my time like I always do and stay there for like one hour. Kyungsoo offered to clean the books and notes from the desk and the bed, even if I said he should just leave them, that I can do that, but he wanted to do it; something about at least he should help rather than stay there to look at the ceiling.