21; a flash from the past.

I KNOW I HAVE MADE AN EFFORT TO WRITE, AND I AM PROUD OF THAT!!! ENJOY!!

8. Day Trip [Part 1]

I was born in space. I've never felt the sun on my face or breathed real air or floated in the water. None of us have. For 3 generations, the Ark has kept what's left of the human race alive, but now our home is dying, and we are the last hope of mankind.

100 prisoners sent down on a desperate mission to the ground. Each of us is here because we broke the law. On the ground, there is no law. All we have to do is survive, but we will be tested by the Earth, by the secrets it hides, and most of all by each other.

♛♛♛

4 years ago

Sitting in the dreary, grey, cold cell, a 14 year old Quinn continued to carve into the solid ground beneath her. She gripped her makeshift knife carving another line marking her days in the Sky Box. She sighed in distress as she clenched her fist harder to push harder into the ground. Her frustration not having enough expression for her to let go of her anger that she held deep inside her.

It's been 6 years since her parents have been floated, and she has yet to see any sign of justice for the hell she has to live through. A few months ago she has been put under radar as being a threat in the eyes of the council.

A threat!

Even she couldn't believe that. And yet the whole council believes it. She never really had much of a thought of how she was going to stand in front of the jury for her trial when she turned 18, but at this point she was more thinking of a way to get the hell away from everyone. But, that would mean going down to Earth. And Earth really wasn't in her reign of sights since she would have to somehow get a suit, oxygen, and a drop ship which all of which is heavily guarded by those who take the walks out into space.

Her father had always told her the rules in which everyone on the Ark was meant to abide by. One of them being not take oxygen from Port G where the drop ships were mainly kept as well as where the engineers tend to be keeping work. Her mother had also added in that taking oxygen would be a felony in which would land her in the Sky Box.

To this day, she believed that everything was under watch. It wasn't just the oxygen, or the amount of rations that a person takes each meal, but the livelihood of each individual. She couldn't help but remember one rule that her parents had told her when she was little. One that they had been shipped out into the dark abyss for.

One child per couple.

Now, if Quinn was thinking more into it she would have thought about how when they were on earth that a country in the eastern side of the world - Asia, she believed - had that rule of one child per couple. But that was only for the population size. Here on the Ark it seemed it was for more strenuous reasons. Like, oxygen for those living on the Ark, and the food.

See the Ark was split into 12 stations, but all come together as one. This Ark that they formed has come together with one formal council that everyone on the spaceship have to obey no matter how ridiculous and stupid the rules are.

Quinn sat up from the ground as she looked up at the ceiling of her cell where she could see that the ship was moving around in the area of space, and she caught a glimpse at what once was her people's home.