Chapter 3: Part 3

The rain finally ceased as Syren was dropping Carina off. She had let Naya home and now it was just the two of them.

"It's not haunted." Syren said for the thousandth time. "Trust me, I don't believe in ghosts."

"Okay well that doesn't really help me in any way Syren." Carina said, irritated, "because I do."

"Well, that's because you're stupid."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes you are. Anyway, cheer up. After Friday, we don't have to worry about Stevie anymore. I know he said we would be even but that's not what I mean. Why would anybody trust Stevie's word? I mean that after Friday, he'll see how brave and cool we are and he'll leave us alone."

Carina thought about it and shrugged.

"I don't really care if he doesn't. Stevie and Sierra and all are really popular. If they have anything to do with us, even if it's bad, it will give us a name and people will be interested in us."

"That's a unique perspective."

"Well look who it is." Carina whistled as they drove past Milk Carton Avenue.

Ahead of them, in a familiar stupid red car, sat Arnie Laughlin and his gang of stupid friends. Arnie and his friends were Carina's arch-enemies and had been for the longest while. In fact, she couldn't even remember what the rivalry was based on in the first place.

"Blegh, why couldn't they move out as well?" Syren sighed.

Carina was staring at Arnie's rear view mirror when suddenly a hand reached out to adjust it and his small brown eye came into view, staring right back at her.

"Well, hey hey hey!" he cried, popping his head out the window, "How are you doing guys?"

A second later, Ruhan stuck his head out of the back window and propped his elbow on it, watching them. Carina stuck her tongue out at him and held a fist up. He continued to watch her, unfazed.

"What?!" Syren demanded.

"I just wanted to thank you guys for the entertainment tonight. That was quite a show and it's all because of you, Carina."

"What's he talking about." Carina whispered.

"The ramp. Duh."

"So people already know it was us?"

"That's what they're good at, Ruhan!" Sasha's snobby voice called from inside the car, "Ruining relationships. Naya stole Nathan from me, Carina obviously couldn't take Stevie, but she shot her shot, I'll give her that."

Ruhan laughed jovially.

"Ignore them."

"Ignore them." Carina mocked, "You sound like Naya.

"Okay, then beat them up!" Syren snapped back.

Carina leaned down as they passed a stop sign and collected a few medium sized rocks off the ground and one very large one. As they drove past the car, Carina aimed at Arnie in the driver's seat but instead, threw one at Sasha, who was seated beside him. It hit the side of her temple. Syren gasped as she saw what Carina had done and sped up the bike just as the squeals and shouts rose up in the car.

"Carina, I can't do this anymore!" she cried as they reached Big Lemon Road, "This is really getting out of control. You need to stop, breathe and think next time before you act!"

Carina jumped off her bike as they reached her parking lot and bid Syren a quick goodbye.

She ran up her front porch. Just as she stepped into her front hall, she heard voices and froze. What the hell were the boys still doing at her house? It was already dark out. She tried to take a detour into the laundry room before anybody could see her, but just then, the boys stepped into the hall.