Chapter 11: Apology

Chapter 11

Y/n's POV

I and Raph were talking the whole day. He told me about his family, I told him about mine, but still trying to avoid conversation about Him. We were already like best friends. Like we have known each other for more than 2 weeks.

„Wait," Raph chuckled, „You're telling me that the big, grumpy wolf was scared of stormes?" He said, still laughing a bit.

„Yeah." I giggled, „You should have seen him. And Lucas, too. When he wasn't so big back then I used to take him home." I chuckled, and Raph laughed again. Then there was a comfortable silence. Suddenly, out of blue, he chuckled again. „What?" I eyed him.

„Just imagining a horse in a house." We both chuckled. We were listening to the birds while watching the sunset. „So you lived all on your own for 4 years?" He asked, and turned to me.

„I wasn't alone-"

„'Course ya wasn't. You have a big dog and a pony." He teased. I poked him with my right elbow, he snickered and continued, „Didn't you feel alone sometimes? Nobody to talk to? Nobody to laugh with?" 'He was always with me. Even when everyone I loved died. He was there. But one day... He just wasn't...' „Y/n?" Raph's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

„Should we go home?" I trailed off. I really didn't want to tell Raph about Him. Not yet.

„As you think." I know he didn't want to push me. And I'm like super glad for it.

I was almost off the tree Raph grabbed me by my waist and put me down. „Whoa! Raph!" He had a smirk on his face and bowed me teasingly. I chuckled and rolled my eyes at his actions. We were heading to the farmhouse in silence. It wasn't awkward at all. Then there was a quiet sound from the bushes. A moment after appeared a white wolf in front of us. „Where were you, Newt?" I asked him, though he couldn't reply me. I pet him and we continued in our way.

TIMESKIP

When we arrived to the house, I stopped in my tracks. Raph looked back at me, „Somethin' wrong?" He asked. I shook my head. He went over to me and looked at my e/c eyes. „What's bothering you, Y/n? C'mon, ya can tell me." He smiled warmly.

„N-Nothing." I said, „I just wanted to thank you for the... little chit chat we had." I smiled weakly back.

When we entered the house, everyone was cleaning. „Whatta-?" I whispered, looking around. 'Just as Raph said. "Upside down."' Things were thrown almost everywhere on the ground and the furniture is out of its place too. „Uh, Wanna help?" I asked and everyone turned to me. Mikey rashed over the mess to me and hugged me around my waist.

„Harley! You came back!" Raph looked at me, and I could know what he's asking. "Should I tell them?" I nodded in response.

„Mikey, she's not Harley, she's Y/n. That's first. Second; She's a human, and you're crushing her organs." He let me go.

„You're not Harley?" Mikey asked completely confused. Raph facepalmed himself.

„Nice to actually meet you, Y/n." Said April. „And no. It's not your fault that Leo..." She tried to find good words, „...panicked."

„Well, technically-" Started Donnie, but April stopped him with a strict glare.

„Okay. I'll be upstairs if you need anything."I said and walked up to my temporary room. When I opened the door, I was surprised by what I saw.

There was my bow with quiver, full of arrows. Leo was peacefully sleeping on the other side of the bed with one arrow in his hand. Then there was a note next to the bow;

Harley... Or what your name is. It doesn't matter.

What matters is that I was acting like a total jerk, and I know I cannot take my words back, and a simple apology can't too.

I'm really sorry if you feel like a prisoner here. It is the last thing I wanted you to feel. I just was worried when you were sick. Every cough tore my heart apart, and I couldn't do anything. If I wasn't spying on you in the barn back then, you wouldn't run away in the rain, and you wouldn't get sick. It's all my fault.

When I said you're defenseless, and then you threw my katana, I- I thought- My heart skipped a beat. I was wrong when I said such nonsense. You CAN defend yourself. And I know you're mad at me. So... If you still want to send an arrow through my chest, go ahead.

-Leo

~Ani Rejl