Chapter 12: Bow

Chapter 12

Y/n's POV

I looked up from the note to Leo. He snorted in his sleep. On his chest were painted black target circles. I smiled. 'He's so adorable.' I pecked his cheek, not to wake him up. „Thanks." I said with a low voice and put a blanket on him. Then I set the bow and quiver into a drawer I had here and sat on a chair. 'Should I forgive him? I don't know. He was mean to me. But hey; He apologized in the nicest way anyone ever did.' I was arguing with myself for an hour or so before I fell asleep.

TIMESKIP

„Shush, Mikey. Don't wake 'em up!" I heard Raphael's shouted whisper.

„But they're so cute!" The baby squeaked. 'What are they talking about?' I thought and turned on my back.

„Great, you woke her." Muttered Raph.

„Whatcha doin', douchebags~?" I asked with a morning voice and wanted to sit, but someone's arm was over my side. Leo was laying next to me, still sleeping like yesterday. I rolled myself off the bed falling on the floor wrapped in a blanket. I groaned in the stupid idea, and my cheeks heated up. Leo darted out of the bed when I fell.

„Mornin'." Greeted Raph with a smirk.

„Wha~ happen~?" Asked Leo with a sleepy voice.

„Hey, bro! How's your sleep?" Mikey asked Leo, avoiding the answer. I tried to get the blanket off me, but the only thing I earned were Raph's chuckles.

„Dontcha wanna help?" I asked him angrily.

„Nah," He waved his hand, „I'm enjoying this show of yours." Leo looked at me over the bed, his eyes widened and he blushed.

When I finally got out of the blanket with Leo's awkward helping and laughter from his brothers, we all head down for breakfast.

TIMESKIP

Steady. Bowstring tightened.

Calm. Aim.

Quiet. Breathe out. 'Gotta be fast.'

Shoot. I shot 8 arrows in a blink of an eye.

Donnie's Bo staff- Yeah, he told me the names of their weapons -was thrown away from his hands, an arrow stuck in it. Mikey's nunchucks on the ground pinned with 2 arrows. Raph's and April's hands empty as 3 arrows of mine passed, hitting their weapons. Last but one arrow hit Leo's both katanas, and Casey was the only one who was holding his hockey-stick... In front of his face arrow through it, the steel tip of the arrow a few inches before his face.

When they all have realized what happened they looked at me in awe, wide eyes, or both. I bowed them nonchalantly, the hunting bow in my left hand, and headed back to the house.

„Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I heard Raph's heavy steps catching up with me. „What- was that?" He gestured to the before-training group, and their weapons.

„Just a training." I shrugged.

„Where did you get that?" He shouted, pointing to my bow, but I can say that he wasn't angry. Just very surprised.

„The monster under my bed brought this for me." I said and looked at Leo, who was wide-eyed still without a move. I smiled. Raph got what I meant, and turned to Leo, too.

„You aimed at MY HEAD!" Shouted Casey angrily.

„Yeah, I meant to do that." I said checking "arrogantly" my nails.

„Dudette, you never told us you can shoot!" Said impressed Mikey, and ran over to me. I smiled and went to the others- Mikey and Raph behind me.

„Where did you learn that?" Asked me Don, as I handed him his staff, and putting the arrow in my quiver. I was about to say something when he stopped me and added; „No jokes this time, please."

„Me? Jokes? What are these?" I scoffed, avoiding his question. I couldn't tell him: "Yeah, y'know. There was a boy I loved, and he passed away." No way, I'm saying that. „Ya 'kay, Fearless?" I teased Leo with his nickname that Raph has told me. Leo blinked and blushed like mad, going for his katanas. Raph gave me a smirk, glanced at Leo and back to me. I rolled my eyes and smiled as a reply.

TIMESKIP because my mind is too lazy.

I was taking care of Lucas in the barn, Donnie doing his own stuff in his lab corner.

„You didn't answer my question, Y/n." Donnie spoke up, out of blue, and I almost jumped out of my skin. 'What question?'

„What do you mean?" I asked, grooming Lucas.

„Where did you learn how to shoot with a bow." He specified.

„Oh," 'Fuck.' „That..." I stared at the black hair of my horse. 'What should I tell him? "I taught it myself?" "I got one friend?" another joke? ...The truth?'

„Y/n?" I could feel his eyes on my back and stopped in grooming. He stood up from his chair and went to me. 'Why do I feel so weak? Why do my eyes burn?' „Are you alright?" He asked worriedly. A tear went down my cheek. Donnie put his hand on my shoulder like I was an old phoenix that should fall apart under his touch, and looked at my face. His brownish-red eyes were full of empathy and worry. When he met my watery eyes he pulled me into a hug. „Shhh, shhh. I-I'm sorry if I-I've opened an old wound." His voice was calming, warm, and worrying. I shut my eyes, let the tears wet my cheeks and his chest. 'What's wrong with me?' I thought as I cried quietly more. „Y-You don't ha-have to tell me anything. I'm really sorry, Y/n." His arms tightened around me. „I didn't want to make you cry. O-Or sad at all." He rested his head on top of mine due that he was taller than I am. 'Stop crying, you piece of shit!'

When I calmed myself a little, Donnie gave me a blanket, and we were sitting in silence on a hay bale. He had his right arm around me, doing circles on my arm, leaning on a wooden wall of the barn, I close to him. 'I'll tell him.'

A/N Wow... What's wrong with me? I can't even write a chapter. I'm sorry if this is short and boring. My mind has a demonstration today, so, uh... Sorry. 

If you're asking where's Newt, well... Let's say that when you got better he wasn't near you so much. And due that you were with the turtles, you weren't alone. So he's doing his own things. Sleep, eat, hunt, maybe he's with Lucas, from time to time. I can't tell.

Would you like the next chapter from Leo's POV or you're excited to know about the guy in your past?

~Ani Rejl