(43) Door Three: Hide & Seek

"Okay, door number three. This one won't be too bad, I mean, third times a charm and all that? " I think to myself, slowly turning the doorknob to see a beautiful river. One I remember well.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Mom calls over the sound of the water, Hope holding her finger up for me to be silent as we walk across the stones. We make it to the opposite side, her leaning down to reach into the water as I glance around at our view. 

"Gotcha!" Mom exclaims suddenly, our seven-year-old self jumping and giggling at her sudden arrival. "That was some amazing hiding," She compliments, high-fiving us both. 

Sharing a smile, Hope and I high-five before turning back to Mom. "We crossed the water to hide our trail!" We explain. 

"Did you get your brand new shoes wet?" She questions, leaning down to touch our boots. 

"We just flew right over the river," Hope explains, Mom pausing before standing back up, placing a hand on each of our backs and leading us away from the river's edge. 

"Hope, Andrea, what are Mommy's rules about your powers? We have to keep your special bracelets on because?" She asks, sitting us down on a picknick table. 

"Cause they help us keep control. I know," We answer in sync. 

"She was only kidding," I explain. "We crossed on the stones." 

I head for the door once again, knowing what follows is a discussion on another move, one that Hope and I hadn't been looking forward to. We spent our childhood constantly movie, one place to another, always running from what could be after us. After Hope and I. If all these doors are memories of the people I miss that have passed, I may be okay with being here for a little while.