Chapter 5: Will You Stay Over?

We are back in Mitchell's SUV and headed to our apartment. Grant and I are in the back seat agagin. This time he is holding my hand and tracing circles with his thumb in the palm of my hand. I have to say that it feels good. Every way the touches me feels good.

He looks up at me and smiles.

I can't help but smile back at him. He is gorgeous and incredibly sexy. He would totally be the type of man I would want to be with if I wanted to be with any. But, I don't. I won't allow myself to be hurt again. Dating leads to feelings and that ends in heartbreak. I just don't have it in me to risk it again. Not even for the most amazing man I have ever met.

We pull up at our apartment.

"Stay there," he says as he opens his door.

"What?"

"Stay put," he says as he steps out of the SUV. 

"Okay?"

Grant gets out of the car and comes around to my side. He opens my door and puts his hand out to take mine. I put my hand into his and allow him to help me out of the car. He walks me to the door with my hand in his.

Mitchell and Sandra are just in front of us.

"It is still early. You guys want to come in?" she says as she looks at me for approval. 

Grant looks at me to see if that is okay with me. 

I give in. "Sure. You guys can come in. We have coffee, tea or beer."

Grant smiles at me and I can't help but smile back. He brings the hand he is holding up to his lips and kisses it. Sandra unlocks the door and we all enter our apartment.

"What do you guys want to drink?" she asks as she puts her purse on the table by the door.

"I will take a beer babe," Mitchell answers as he sits on the couch.

"Grant?" I ask, following Sandra to the kitchen.

"Sweet tea, since I will be driving home," he answers with a smile.

"Are you a little drunk? You can stay here if you need to." I answer as he smiles at me.

"I am staying," Mitchell announces as he smacks Sandra on the ass. 

"Of course you are babe," Sandra smiles at him. 

"We will be right back with your drinks." I follow Sandra into the kitchen.

"Offering Grant to stay, huh?" she smiles at me as she gets the drinks out. 

"Yes, Sandra. We have a couch. Just because I don't want to date the man, that doesn't mean I want to see him get hurt."

She rolls her eyes at me. "He is amazing. Why don't you want to date him?"

"I don't want to date anyone, you know this."

"You need to get over Charlie." She doesn't understand how much he hurt me. I don't trust myself to fall again.

"I am over him, but I still don't want to date anyone."

She smiles at me, "You have to admit he is sexy as hell."

I pour Grant's tea and me some as well. Sandra gets their beers.

"He is very good looking," I smile, thinking of how good looking he actually is.

"And those kisses... they made ME hot." She fans herself. 

I laugh at her, "Yes. He is an amazing kisser... but... "

"I know. No dating," she says as she sighs.

"Right." I smile at her. "You know I love you, right?"

"I know. I love you too." 

"I can afford this place on my own, you know?" 

She looks at me like she isn't sure what I mean by that. "Are you kicking me out from setting you up again?"

I laugh. "No Sandra. But I don't have to be a part of a couple for you to leave me for Mitchell."

"Is that what you think I have been doing?" She looks at me concerned and a little hurt.

"Maybe."

"Oh, no. I know you don't need a man. I just want you to be as happy as I am with Mitchell." She has that lovesick look in her eyes.

"I am happy," I smile at her. I really am happy. I am okay single.

"I know. I just want you to have someone to share your life with. You are amazing and one day some lucky man is going to make you fall in love. You won't be able to resist him."

I laugh. "Doubtful, but thanks. Take these in and I will get some cake."

"Okay." Sandra takes the beers into the living room. I am getting the cake, plates, and forks when I hear steps coming into the kitchen.

I feel a body press up against my back, pressing my stomach into the counter.

"Why Sandra. You sure have changed since you took those beers into the living room," I joke. 

I see two hands come around my sides and sit on top of the counter, pinning me in. I feel him press his erection into my ass. 

"Someone happy to see me?" I tease.

"You have no idea just how happy I am to see you."

I push my ass into his hard length. "I think I may have some idea."

He moves his hands to my hips as he turns me around to face him. His hands remain on my hips.

"You really okay with me staying here tonight?" he asks.

"Sure. Just because I am not going to date you or sleep with you doesn't mean I want you to get in an accident. We have a couch."

He puts his hand over his heart in mock injury. "Oh, you hurt my heart."

We both laugh. He cups my face with both of his hands. 

"Grace."

"Grant."

He leans down to kiss me. His kiss is not tender like the previous ones. This time there is a growing hunger to his kiss. Like I am his last meal and he is going to savor every last crumb. 

His hands are down my back and grabbing my ass. He pulls me to him. I cannot help myself. I fist his shirt and pull him into me. Damn this man is hot. He makes me want to take him to my room, strip him naked and insist he use that dirty mouth on me. 

Just as I am about to wrap my legs around him, he pulls back.

I let out a groan.

"What's the matter, baby? Not ready for me to stop kissing those sweet lips? Or maybe you want me to kiss you other places?" he says as he glances down.

He turns me on so much I am not going to be able to resist him much longer tonight. 

"No," I lie. 

"Liar," he chuckles. 

I really am a terrible liar.

"Look. I am not going to push you. Not tonight, not ever. I will, however, take you up on the couch for the night. I am not sure I should be driving."

"Good. Let me get you some blankets."

He laughs. "Besides, I want you sober for our first time together."

"I am not drunk," I protest. 

He laughs. "No begging tonight dear. I don't want to take advantage."

"I wasn't begging."

He laughs again. "Sandra already got me pillows and blankets. They already went to bed. It is just us now."

"Oh."

"You are an incredible woman, Grace Shifflett. I will make you mine and you will love it." He says as he smiles at me. I am pretty sure that he knows I will not be able to resist him much longer.