Chapter 2: The Losers Reunion

Eddie waited outside the Jade Orient patiently in an anxious silence. He was the first one to have arrived, but he waited inside his car in the parking lot just in case nobody turned up. He had secretly hoped that none of the other Losers would take Mike seriously. But any optimism he had quickly disappeared as he watched three familiar looking people greet each other, and enter the restaurant together.
One of them was a woman with fiery hair, which he recognised instantly as Beverly Marsh. The second tallest of the three he didn't quite recognise, but he watched as Beverly greeted him warmly outside the entrance of the restaurant. The tallest of the three, he also instantly recognised. How could he forget those awful black-framed glasses? It was Richie 'Trashmouth' Tozier. He hadn't changed a single bit.
Quietly, Eddie psyched himself up to leave his car and enter the restaurant by himself. He tried his best to breath slow and deep, but he was already so goddamn nervous. Nothing ever good happened to him in Derry, and he felt a sense of dread fill his stomach. 

Eddie's nerves quickly quietened down as he entered the booth where the Losers greeted each other. He was home.
"Eddie!" Beverly cried with joy, and she welcomed him with a tight hug and a squeeze. "Hey guys, it's good to see you", he said as he patted Beverly lightly on the back, he wanted her to let go now.
Suddenly a tall figure stood behind him and he felt the warmth of their presence, but his stomach sank a little as he thought it may be someone who had come to bully him. He turned around to face them timidly. "Eds! Good to see ya buddy!" He instantly relaxed as he saw it was only Richie. But then he felt his body tense up as he realised who it was. "Oh, hey Rich! How've you been?" he asked. His voice wobbled a little as his nerves began to show as Richie gave him a tight hug a patted him hard on the back, and Eddie's palms began to sweat as he nervously reciprocated the hug.

Eventually the Losers all finished greeting each other and began to take their places at the table. It was a large round table dressed with a soft cloth, dinner plates and cutlery in each place. Eddie had never been here to eat before, and he was slightly nervous about what the menu was like. It wasn't long before the drinks were in full flow, and they all began to enjoy each other's company the way they had done when they were kids. The Losers were home.

i: Richie Tozier

Eddie and Richie sat on the same side of the dinner table, only to be separated by an empty seat that was meant for Stanley. The Losers had all quietened down as they remembered their friend Stanley Uris, and wondered in disappointment why he hadn't come. Richie had already made a jab about Stan being a total pussy for backing out, but even he looked disappointed by Stanley's absence.
"Anyway I gotta take a whizz" Richie announced as he stood up from the table. He was always so damned childish, but he was still able to leave his friends in absolute stitches over anything he joked about. "I gotta go too", Eddie added as he removed his napkin from his lap and placed it neatly on the table in front of him. Richie raised an eyebrow flirtatiously at him.
"Oh, so we're both going? Okay... Don't be alarmed if we don't come back too soon, you guys!" he joked and winked childishly back to the table as he made a rude hand gesture that mimicked a hand job behind Eddie's back. He was met with eye-rolls and groans at his inappropriateness. He hadn't realised that Eddie had caught him making the rude hand gesture behind his back and slapped his hand down away from him, "You're such an asshole Richie" Eddie responded. He'd almost forgotten just how much of a pain in the ass Richie really was. But he had missed it... Sort of.

Richie carelessly flung the bathroom door open as he entered and took his place at a urinal "no peaking" he winked at Eddie over his shoulder. Eddie glared at him in response and took his place at a urinal the other end of the bathroom, and they both relieved themselves.
Richie broke the awkward silence as he zipped his jeans up "So..." he said, casually making his way over to Eddie who was already looking uncomfortably at him.
"I'm guessing Mike rang you too," he asked as he leaned against the top of a urinal beside Eddie. Eddie shuffled a little to turn his back to Richie as he was still relieving himself.
"I don't want to talk about it" Eddie replied uncomfortably "Could you just stand over there man, you're making me uncomfortable" Richie raised his hands and he raised his eyebrows in response "Alright, sorry. Just trying to make conversation," he replied.