Chapter 7: The End of Pennywise

Richie fell heavily to his knees as he found Eddie lying face down on the floor in the darkness of the smaller cave they had all entered through. He wasn't moving.
"Eds!" he yelled "Ed's wake up!" he quickly found himself trying to fight back tears as he was distraught by the sight of Eddie in a heap on the floor. 
The other Losers rushed over and slid down the steep slope into the cave "Is he okay?" Bill yelled frantically. Richie began to panic as Eddie still wasn't moving. "I think he's hurt real bad you guys!" he whimpered and began to shake Eddie frantically to get him to wake up "Eds!" he shouted.

There was a quiet pause, and the Losers could hear Pennywise's evil chuckle echoing remorselessly through the cave. "Would you stop calling me Eds for fuck sake man" Eddie suddenly spluttered as he found the energy to roll himself over to look up at Richie, he had a childish grin on his face. "You fucking asshole!" Richie exclaimed as he hit Eddie hard on the arm. "Ow! Fuck!" Eddie exclaimed "Jesus Rich relax! I'm okay!" he chuckled as he childishly fought off Richie continuing to smack him. The Losers all let out a sigh of relief that their friend was okay, "Jesus Eddie, you scared us" Bill said, exhaling heavily.
"Sorry" Eddie chuckled.
The Losers waited helplessly inside their hiding place as they tried to come up with a final plan to get rid of Pennywise for good. It wasn't until Eddie had told the others about his confrontation with the leper in the pharmacist's basement that they all realised what they needed to do. They needed to make Pennywise small again.
Bill, Mike, Ben and Beverly all climbed swiftly out of the cave to put their plan into full swing. "You're an asshole Eds" Richie huffed as he helped Eddie stumble to his feet. Eddie had injured his ankle as he landed heavily from being swiped across the cave by Pennywise, and it was difficult for him to stand without the help of Richie. He winced in pain as Richie began to drag him out of the cave.

Richie placed Eddie down on the floor by a rock so he could recover, "You doing okay Eds?" he asked, still with slight panic at Eddie's injuries. Eddie nodded as he winced in pain "Yeah I'm all good... Just my ankle" he replied as he groaned when Richie tried to move his legs neatly together. Richie spent a few moments with Eddie just to reassure himself that Eddie wasn't hiding any other more serious injuries, and once he knew that Eddie really was okay he swiftly rose to his feet to join the others. 
As Eddie was left by himself propped up by a rock in the shadows, he could hear his friends all shouting abuse at Pennywise "You're just a clown!" he heard "A stupid fucking clown!". Their constant abuse towards Pennywise filled the cave, and Eddie felt himself finally relaxing as he watched the giant clown quickly shrinking and shrivelling up in fear.
The Losers had all gathered around the pathetic puddle that was Pennywise, and they angrily crushed his heart into a handful of gloop. "This is for basically calling me a fucking faggot you bitch!" Richie thought to himself as he angrily squeezed the life out of a helpless Pennywise's heart. Slowly but surely, after screeching in agony, Pennywise was finally gone for good.
They all sighed in relief as they continued to stand in a group with the monster's heart oozing through their fingers. "Well... this is kinda gross" Richie exclaimed, and the Losers all laughed at his comment, and began hugging each other in relief as they realised they were now free. "We did it" they all sighed to each other. 

"Eds!" Richie exclaimed to himself as he remembered he'd left him by himself in the shadows.
He quickly ran over to where Eddie was sat quietly by himself, and he patted him gently on the face to wake him up "Eds! We did it! It's gone!" Richie announced proudly to him. Suddenly he frowned as Eddie quietly stirred awake "Dude, were you really just having a fuckin' sleep?" 
Eddie rubbed his eyes "Sorry, I was exhausted" he replied with a hoarse voice. 
"Wow. So while we were all fighting for our lives, you were fucking sleeping? Wow.. Just wow" Richie responded. 
The Losers all laughed, but were quickly interrupted by the cave beginning to violently collapse around them. "Come on guys, we have to get out of here" Beverly yelled as the sound of crashing rocks around them drowned her out. They all quickly helped Eddie to his feet, but even as they dragged him carefully out of the cave, he was still slowing them down. Richie sighed in slight exasperation, and promptly lifted Eddie up and flopped him over his shoulder. 
Eddie found himself staring directly at Richie's backside as he was carried out of Neibolt, and he tried not to look at it directly in slight discomfort.