Chapter 9: I Love You

A/N: Merry Christmas🎄
This is my Christmas gift to you guys❣️
____________________

It had been a week already since our little hangout with the others. Rachel still didn't remember. I was loosing hope. We passed a lot of time together, but she often got mad because I kept on trying to make her remember. She said that she may never remember everything and that it didn't matter to her if she did or not. She was still the same person, with or without the memories.

Rae and me were at the arcade. I was playing a game on one of the many machines while she was standing next to me, waiting for me to finish so we can go somewhere else. "Gar it's been thirty minutes now, I don't think you're ever gonna finish that level if you keep on dying that often" She crosses her arms.

I glared at her. "HEY!" I yelled. The purple and black haired girl chuckled at my reaction which made me grin happily.

"Common, they're already starting to close the arcade" Roth took her back and put on her black jacket. I groaned knowing she was right and I heard her giggle when the words 'Game Over' appeared on the screen once again. 'It's not funny' I thought.

We then went to the library like Rae had wanted. I glanced at her. Her hair fell in front of her beautiful ocean eyes, so she placed the piece of hair behind her ear. She was reading an horror story like usual.

I got caught looking at her and proceeded to stare at the comic book in front of me on the table. A small and practically invisible smile formed on her face. Her cheeks became red and she looked away from me with embarrassment.

I wondered what would've happened if she wouldn't have got in a car accident. Would she have rejected my feelings when I told her? Or would we be dating right now? Sadly, I'd never get the answer to that question.

After leaving the library, we went for a walk in the park. "I got a good one" Rachel groaned in annoyance, fearing the joke I was gonna tell her. "Did you hear about the Italian chef that died?" My crush shook her head. "He pasta-way!" I started laughing at my own joke while Rae rubbed her temples.

We walked silently for a moment until I said something I was gonna regret.

"D-Do you remember anything else" Her eyes widened. "We went here pretty often. Did anything come back to y-" She interrupted me.

"STOP!" She yelled at me. "STOP ASKING ME THIS! I lost my memory, what is done is done. JUST ACCEPT IT GARFIELD! Why can't you get it? It's like you can't appreciate that I survived just because I don't remember everything... Why can't you just enjoy the moment and appreciate that I'm still there? WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO YOU THAT I REMEMBER? What do you want me to remember? Did something happen? TELL ME 'CAUSE I'M TIRED OF THIS SH*T!" She yelled at me. Her eyes were filled with anger, disappointment, rage and... sadness.

"Why don't you get it?" She glared at me. A death glare. "You don't know what it's like WHEN THE PERSON YOU CARE THE MOST FOR DOESN'T EVEN F*CKING REMEMBER YOU!" She completely silent. Waiting for me to continue. "Y-YOU DON'T EVEN R-... I-I.. I never even got to do what I planned on doing when you came back! I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU UNTIL YOU F*CKING REMEMBER!"

"WELL JUST TELL ME! TELL ME THE TRUTH GARFIELD!" My friend yelled back.

"I LOVE YOU! Okay? I LOVED YOU!" Silence. I realized what I just did and panicked. "I-"

"Y-You love me?!" She said in shock.

I sighed in defeat. "Yeah... But it doesn't matter anymore, you lost your memory"

Rachel frowned an eyebrow. "Losing my memory doesn't mean that I won't accept your feelings ya know. I can still love you" She answered.

"What?" I said in shock.

"I-I love you too" I had wanted to hear this for so long. I was so happy until I remembered.

"You don't remember though" She frowned in confusion. "What if when you remember you don't like me anymore?"

"Why wouldn't I like you"

"Because maybe you'd only see me as a friend-maybe you'd see as a brother!" I panicked.

"Well that doesn't changes anything now. I know what you feel about me and when I'll remember I won't forget everything that happened right now. I won't forget what I felt for you!" My green emerald eyes were wide open. She was right. "If I love you now, then I can love you when I'll remember too!"

In a moment of happiness and relief I placed my hands on either side of her head and quickly placed my lips on hers. Her hands on my arms. The kiss was passionate yet gentle at the same time. Filled with love and desire. It was the best moment of my life. What I had been waiting for for years.