One Lump or Two?

Requested by @-lunare

Thank you for your request! This was interesting to do because it's my first modern au! Hope you like it!

Muzan x reader! modern au!

________________________________________________________________________________

He was star struck.

Everyday for the past few months he's come to the same coffee shop just to see her. She recently started working at the newly opened Coffee Spoon that was on his way to work.

From the moment he saw her put on the silly pink apron they make them wear he was smitten. Her delicate face actually made his heart skip a beat. Her cute lips sent unholy thoughts throughout his mind. And her (h/c) tresses could make any man stop and stare. Also the way her hips would sway when she would walk around the shop made him nearly drool.

But he had more restraint than that.

Sometimes.

Everyday he ordered the same thing and everyday the same conversation would pan out.

"One lump or two?" She would ask him as she was making his order.

"Two." He would always reply.

But, today was different.

It had taken him months, but he decided that today was the day he was going to strike up a conversation with her. He had finally worked up the courage and even prewritten his number on a slip of paper to give to her. He was certain he was going to succeed.

"Hey, boss!" A voice shattered his little daydream. The man turned around to see one of his subordinates running up to him.

"Douma," Muzan sighed. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was handing out flyers for my side business when I saw you! You're going to get your morning coffee right? You always look so happy in the mornings when you have your coffee, is it really that good? I want some of that magic coffee-"

"You need to get to work." Muzan snapped. He would not have anyone getting in his way today. If Douma joined him, Muzan wouldn't have the opportunity to talk to his love interest.

"So cold..." Douma whined as his boss quickly turned away to walk off.

With the thought that Douma could hinder his chances with (y/n), Muzan hurried to the coffee shop.

As the bell rang to announce his arrival, the yakuza leader, took off his hat. He took in a breath as he slowly made his way to the counter. The shop smelled of fresh coffee and bread making the air a pleasant sort of heavy.

He saw her wiping down one of the counters as he made his way to her. She looked up at him as he got closer.

"Well, hello again! Your usual?" Her cherry voice greeted.

"Uh, yes, and one of those new muffins."

"The red velvet one? Let me know how it is! It's my recipe."

'This woman is an angel on earth.' Muzan thought.

As she made his coffee, he decided now to strike up a conversation. She wouldn't be disturbed while she was making a coffee and grabbing a muffin. 

"So...uh...why are you working here?"

"Excuse me?"

'Idiot...' He mentally scolded himself. He needed to use better words.

"I mean, you seem like an intelligent woman and you're very attractive so-"

"You know, if I didn't know better..." He turned his gaze to her. A smile graced her features. "With the way you come in at the same time everyday and sometimes even wait for me to start working the register. How you ask for the same coffee and only eat the sweets that I make...And now with you calling me intelligent and attractive...I'd say you were hitting on me." She put his order on the counter before looking up into his red hues. Her (e/c) sparkling with interest.

"And what if I am?" He leaned in as well, a sudden burst of confidence making him a little more flirtatious.

"Well...if it leads to a date then...I'm all for it." Her voice was a little shy while she tried to flirt. It was obvious that this was her first time flirting with someone.

"Are you sure you can't read minds?" He joked.

"Not all minds...just yours." She smiled again. "That's why I always keep a cup ready for you with sugar."

He was feeling playful now as well as he smirked a bit. He played his hand on hers, subtly slipping the number had had prepared into her hand.

"One lump or two?"

She giggled a bit.

"I think you know the answer to that."