Favorite

Requested by @BlackKnightRadiant

Thanks for your request! I loved writing this one cause I feel like Tanjiro has a right to be jealous sometimes. Let the boy be a little selfish, he's lost so much! He is a good boy! 

Hope you enjoy!

Jealous!Tanjiro x reader

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanjiro was a little miffed.

Normally something like this wouldn't bother him ,but he couldn't ignore the way his heart was shaking and his stomach was churning.

What is this feeling? Anger? Sadness?

He had never felt it before so he didn't know.

He didn't know that he was jealous.

Currently he was watching you show Nezuko how to fold origami cranes. His little sister was looking at your work with sparkling eyes as she tried to copy your movements. Her voice was muffled by the bamboo muzzle, but Tanjiro could hear her happy sounds. You just smiled and helped her fold the paper gently.

You and Tanjiro had been together for almost a year. You met after you got injured on a mission. He had found you on the road trying to walk with a broken leg. He went straight to help you and that's how you two started talking.

Once he saw how you accepted Nezuko like your own sister, he fell for you even harder than he already had.

Normally he's not one to get possessive of you. He trusts you and knows how much you love him, but...that's not to say he doesn't get lonely.

This is the third day in a row that you've been playing with only Nezuko and Tanjiro was feeling a slight bitterness creep into his heart.

'Why is (y/n) just focusing on her...I'm here too...' He thought, surprising himself. He had never thought something ill of his little sister before, they were all each other had. But he can't help that he wants attention from his girlfriend too.

You were giggling at Nezuko as she put the paper crane on her head when you felt a tug on your haori.

"(y/n)..."

You turned your head to see the most adorable thing you've ever seen. It was Tanjiro pouting. His eyes looked so hurt and his bottom lip was sticking out slightly. He looked like a child after being scolded by their mother. Your heart practically shattered at the sight.

Had you done something wrong? Did you hurt his feelings somehow?

"Tanjiro, what's wrong? Did I do something?" You asked. He shook his head no before wrapping his arms around you and burying his head in the crook of your neck. "You just...wanted attention?" He nodded a bit, not loosening his grip.

Nezuko tugged on your haori a bit and held up her new crane. Tanjiro tightened his grip as he felt you look at his little sister.

That's when it all clicked.

You smiled at your boyfriend as he refused to look at you. He could smell your happiness from a mile away. He knew you had figured it out.

"Tanjiro~!" You cooed. "You don't need to be jealous of Nezuko! I'll give you all the attention you want." You turned your body just enough so you could hug him back. His now red hot face steaming at being so close to your breasts.

"(y-y/n)-!" He stuttered.

You could practically melt at the cute sight.

He really is your favorite.