3🪐

it was finally the day that y/n had been waiting for. her date with the one and only jeon jungkook, aka, her crush!

the two meet up at the front doors of the arcade. y/n could feel the butterflies in her stomach when she saw the tall and muscular boy lean against the railing. he was looking at his phone until y/n had stood in front of him.

when he looked up his eyes widened a bit before being replaced with a look of pure joy. "oh, you're here. finally, i wanted to show you a couple of my favorite games!" he held her hand and pulled her inside with him, but all y/n could focus on was their hands being interlocked. she smiled like a ditz and softly let out an "okay."

one of the games they decided to play first was a basketball themed one. y/n, feeling competitive, raised a brow at jungkook before smirking. "you're on!"

the two went against each other to see who could get more baskets. people in the arcade stopped to see the pairs impressive scores.

the ringer buzzed as the game was now over. two red numbers were displayed above the set showing their scores.

"i won! i got 3 more than you!" jungkook playfully stuck his tongue out at y/n. she rolled your eyes with a smile.
she had earned a score of 82 while jungkook got 85.

both of them hadn't noticed the crowd that had formed around them. apparently, they beat the high score of 73 jungkook smiled cockily while y/n shyly looked at the floor. he noticed though, and grabbed her hand dragging her to the next game.

after playing many more competitive games, they decided to play one that included teamwork. the thing was, y/n had never played the game jungkook picked before.

the two stood in front of a zombie shooter game, with loud sound effects and bloody graphics. as the round began, y/n awkwardly held the gun while jungkook was gaining kills left and right. "ugh, i give up! i keep dying.." she pouted, as she placed the gun back into the slot and crossed her arms.

jungkook laughs as he looks at her annoyed expression. "cute.." he mumbled. "here let me help you."

jungkook now positioned himself at y/n's side. he helped y/n hold the gun with one arm and the other was rested comfortably at her waist.

"you gotta aim this part of the gun towards the screen, press this button when your shooting. use this one to hide...."

but y/n had already stopped paying attention as she stared at his side profile which was too close to her face. all the words coming out of his mouth were going through one ear and out of the other as y/n felt the world once again going into slow motion.

the same rose petals from before appeared out of no where and began to fall around them. "y/n.." he said, looking into her eyes, with an expression full of love, he was biting his lip and he looked at her up and down.

"y/n?" the fantasy ended abruptly. she realized that the moment that had just happened was nothing but a figment of her imagination.

"uh, yeah?" y/n had replied quickly. "you understand now, right?" she nodded her head in response with a smile. no she didn't, the poor girl was too busy falling head over heels for him.

this time as they played, y/n got more kills but still not as good as she wanted to be. jungkook high fived her, feeling proud that he helped her.